New BLW's - Share Here

Ooh, thanks Helen, I will try the meatloaf next time I cook :)

I've tried the porridge fingers, A wasn't keen. But it was ages ago, so
May give it another whirl :)

Well the waiting is finally nearly over, starting blw tomorrow. Me and oh are so excited even though we know she will probably just throw it all over we can't wait to sit down for lunch as a whole family! Off to the market first thing for veggies! What did your lo's have for their first few attempts?

oooh v exciting beanster!!! have fun and enjoy! take a million pics and clips too! although it'll be a few weeks til youre actually videoing some real eating!

owen had banana pieces, avocado, toast fingers with butter and banana on and porridge fingers in his first few days. all got squished around, a little got eaten too :)

Enjoy beanster! Brooke had green beans as her first food :) Broccoli is good, banana, babycorn, toast fingers, weetabix, mini rice cakes, rusks (as a treat - reduced sugar) - all good starting points.

We tried B on some grated cheese and she went bright red - like she did with strawberry. She is fine though with soft cheese and yoghurt so I'm not sure what it is about hard cheese. She also tried pitta with houmous today; quite a bit of gagging with the pitta - she actually made herself sick. It didn't phase her but I think we'll wait a while before we try that again.

But her favourite so far is oranges! She loves them and got so excited! She spent half an hour sucking and gumming 3 wedges! I've never seen her get so into food! Too cute!

Think tomorrow we might try omlette fingers x

Thanks for your suggestions ladies. When did you start spoon loading? Holly plays with a spoon at moment when we are eating so i was going to try putting something on it for her to see if she licks it! Thought yoghurt would be good to try?

Thanks for your suggestions ladies. When did you start spoon loading? Holly plays with a spoon at moment when we are eating so i was going to try putting something on it for her to see if she licks it! Thought yoghurt would be good to try?

I've done spoon loading from the beginning, but it is very, very messy, sometimes if she's having yogurt for example, I put some of the yogurt on a ricecake instead. But she is getting better and better at spoon feeding herself. They learn so quickly!

Yesertday we had brocolli and cauliflower cheese bake, and Poppy loves her broccoli anyway but this was a BIG hit, she loved sucking the cheese sauce off (homemade) and then eating the broccoli. Tried some mango afterwards and she didn't seem to like it, unless she'd just had enough at that point after all her broccoli! Seeing more and more in her nappy now. I'm so glad we've stuck with it, I love it, and so does Poppy! :)

Last edited:
Re spoon loading - I dot do this. I put yogurt on a spoon and take it to his mouth - but he likes to hold the spoon as I do it.

The only thing I do this with is yogurt.

if i'm going to try and start blw after a bottle feed at lunchtime how long should i wait after her bottle? She sometimes has a nap in afternoon so don't want her to be tired and grotty when we try!

I generally leave it about an hour after she's had her bottle. x

missed the window between lunchtime bottle and nap. Was happily steaming carrots and broccoli when she fell asleep. They are ready and waiting now for after next bottle!

Yippeeeee did our first bit of blw this afternoon. Holly played with carrots and broccoli in her hands for a while then when Daddy handed her some broccoli the right way up in it went. She couldn't get enough of it! It was amazing to watch her do it. Loved it. So pleased we have officially joined you all now. Off planning her next dinner tomorrow now!

Was greeted by a nappy full of broccoli this morning so I guess she did manage to eat some yesterday! Go Holly!

Aww well done Holly!

Has anyone tried chicken yet? We're having grilled chicken later so I might try her with some.

i was wondering about chicken too. I was told by hv it's fine but to cut strips along the grain of the meat. I'm slicing a mango at the moment lol.

I've tried chicken, he didn't seem Fussed. I think he tried to suck it but got frustrated he couldn't eat any. Steak is the same!

If your lo isn't eating what you put in front of them, do you give them somethjng else?

I tried putting banana on his tray, he played a bit with it but thats it.He likes watching us at the moment

Yes, we gave her some chicken. She sucked it, and gummed some of it off and I think she swallowed some. Seemed to like it! I've also given her a stick of cheese, which she really loved (although gagged a few times with this....we're finally getting used to it and not panicking!) and she had some haddock, which obviously we couldn't cut into a chip shape but she grabbed it anyway and munched away :)

I made some cheese muffins and gave Holly 1 to investigate, she stuffed it in with both hands then ate mine too! Our hv suggested taking the coating off fish fingers but think the fish might just fall apart. Did spoon loading with yoghurt the other day and pasta sauce tonight and she loved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back