******NEW August 2015 Mummies******

On a side note, and this might be a little tmi but funny all the same. A lot of people seem to find that when they're pregnant they're put off sex, whether it be hormones, fear or being high risk for a early MC. For me I now am not as scared of it, I guess because I've hit the 13 week mark and my hormones are peaking, but now my cat is affecting it more than being pregnant. We had "planned" it up until I come up to bed to find the kitten asleep on the end. She's currently attacking our feet while OH reads his book and I m writing this. So much for pregnancy/kids changing your sex life, my cat is ruining mine!

Actually... Has anyone found that they've started getting hand eczema? When I was pot washing from 4 to 10 weeks it suddenly flared up, I think it's to do with the industrial washing up liquid. It's blistered under the skin, itchy, swollen and red on the top of my finger tips just below the cuticle. It's also quite sore and gets worse in warm water, cool water soothes it before making it a million times more itchy and dry after. I also have it on the underneath of one of my big toes, at first I thought athletes foot but it's definitely not that. I've had this hand eczema before, my aunt also has random flares over the years, I was just wondering if anyone else has the same problem as my aunt pointed out that maybe it's the hormonal change. I haven't pot washed in several weeks now, tried pasting on Savlon and putting cotton gloves on while I sleep but it's not working like it did before. I've also tried anti fungal cream on my toe, soothes it enough for me to get to sleep but I've been using it for 3 weeks with no luck hence thinking it's not a fungal infection after all. It also doesn't look like typical athletes foot, it's dry and itchy but it's quite smooth and not cracked all at the same time. The only other thing is refrigerated steroid cream from the doctors but I'm not sure they'd be willing to give it to me while being pregnant?
I'm driving myself nuts with it, especially at night or when I'm trying to relax in the bath, anybody's had it or know whether steroid cream is safe during pregnancy? I've been recommended not to use aqueous cream and to use Vaseline instead but with it being on my hands I find it hard to keep it on and keep it off of everything I touch :/ x

Charlotte, with 7 of us here i'm always washing up abd I use rubbers gloves as washing up liquid is too drying, and I'm a bit of a handwasher, can't stand dirty habds or the thought of dirty hands and always cooking etc, so ive found the only handwash that doesn't dry my skin too much is Dove pump hand wash or dove bar soap- try that and gloves

Charlotte, bring some washing up gloves and use Nivea 4 times a day - you need something that moisturises the deep layers of skin and Vaseline only seals the skin.

I do think it's worth a doc trip, they can only say no!

Thank you :)

For anybody who's done this before, when does the midwife usually try to hear the heartbeat? I'm about to book my 16 week appointment as she's only at my surgery one day a week but I'm not sure whether they'll try to listen for it. OH has been offered a place on a training course for the same day or 2 weeks later, if I'm liking to hear the heartbeat then he'd rather be there and go two weeks later but if not then he's better off going on the course than sitting in a doctors office just to watch me hand in another pee sample and be told my next scan date which I could text him about anyway.
I know everybody's midwife does it differently but I'd just like to know how common it is at 16 weeks? I'm yet to hear the heartbeat, I'm getting impatient now!

My Midwife booked my 16 WK appt for when I'm 17+2. She told me that she would be listening for the heartbeat during that appt so OH is also coming along.

Charlotte, all 5 babies hb's were listened for at 16 weeks by midwifes
But they really don't always do it, some areas do wait till the next appoint.
He should be able to hear it at the 20 week scan or prob your 18 week one if he could make those, or you could record on phone maybee

I am off to TRI2 ladies. I will see you all there soon :wave:

When are you moving over ladies? Are all of us August mummies nearly in tri 2? Xxxx hope so xx

Not sure if it helps or not Charlotte but we heard baby's heartbeat yesterday at our gender scan and I was 14+5. Maybe it changes between private and NHS but it was clear for us to hear :) so it is possible this early

When are you moving over ladies? Are all of us August mummies nearly in tri 2? Xxxx hope so xx

Well just me and Charlotte left- im the last on the list bringing up the rear, so thought id best wait till the actual end :whistle:
Ill be coming over on tuesday in three days time and we will all be in trimester 2 - yayy

Last edited:
Yeay not Long then! August mummies have made it.... Xx looking forward to seeing you both there xx

Yay not long now :) doesn't feel right without you left here xx

I'm moving over tomorrow, very excited! I've missed chatting to some of the earlier August Mummies actually. Scary to think that some of you are already around the 18 week mark. I'm a little bit jealous that some of you get to find out what you're having before me (for those finding out), I just want to know! Not only that but knowing my luck I'll end up being overdue and everybody else will already have their ickle babies to cuddle!xx

Actually ill come over now too- seems silly to wait one more day as technically august mummies have now all left trimester one- im 1st sept but will be late august birth x

Bye Trimester ladies from the August Mummies

Good Luck sept, oct and november mummies, see you soon in Tri 2 xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back