Never Leave a Message with a Bloody Embryologist

LouiseB

Reaction score
Just spoke to the consultant - finally - and it was a bit anti-climatic really.

I don't know what i expected.

It was exactly the same as i already knew... the sperm didn't activiate and they can't control that so just keep your fingers crossed for next time.

She didn't offer me any advice except for stopping taking Pycnogenol because that is the only thing my husband was doing that wasn't advised.

The thing is that he wasn't actually taking Pycnogenol for the last cycle, but i wanted to know opinions on him starting to take it for the next cycle which is what i said to the bloody embryologist.

So during the meeting, they basically blamed it all on a herbal treatment that he wasn't even taking :wall2: And now, my doctor just said not to take it next time either because she didn't know anything else about it! Urgh.

Hubby is taking it now and i think he;'s going to just keep on taking it.

The doctor also said "try again in a few month for the sperm to regenerate". Pfft. Fuck that. I've done my research - 72 days to mature new sperm and if they think i'm waiting any long than that they haven't took the hint yet that i'm an impatient sod.

Last edited:
idiots , looking to you for blame should get their facts straight and their wires uncrossed! why should you wait? few months! god this is prescious time we're talking here and that clock does not stop ticking for nobody! x

Oh Louise, I'm sorry they were so bloody useless, like you say though you know it takes 72 days to regenerate, so is try again if its available to you as soon as you can, which herbs are they on about if you don't mind me asking, its a shame they couldn't use thier bloody ears when you told them he wasn't even taking them. I'm keeping everything crossed for next time, xxx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

which herbs are they on about if you don't mind me asking

The pycnogenol is a herbal tablet, very strong anti-oxidant. Supposed to cleanse you're body of any nasties and improve micro circulation (amongst other things).

From what I've read it is quite commonly used to improve the function of sperm,
I say continue with your plan of him using it, it can.surely only make.things better xx
Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

How frustrating Lou, I'm sure you'll keep fighting your corner to get this moving a bit sooner, I have a great feeling about your next cycle x

What a bunch of useless tits!!

Don't take any shit from them Lou your knowledge of it all is so vast you could def give them docs a run for their money.

I hope they don't screw you around when booking your next treatment cycle xx

Ahh no Lou what a nightmare I expected a bit more than that, they need to appreciate that what's an every day occurrence to them is the most important thing in the world to you and Hubby!

Just an idea, is there perhaps someone you could go and see for a consultation that's a bit of a sperm expert, and get some advice on improving it for next time?

Also do you remember that post I think Bead posted, her hubby's sperm was way better after doing certain things, do you remember the post I'm on about?

Hope you're ok...:hugs:

xx

Sorry they didnt have more info lou, dont let them fob you off for a few months (i know you wont anyways ;) ) surely they know what you are like by now? ;)

xx

Gah I can't believe they told you that Louise!!!! Just beause they haven't heard of it, and have no idea what it does or of the benefits, they say not to take it??? How about they do some research instead! I bet they'd tell you that having a mobile phone in your pocket is totally ok too... at least there's proper research being done in that area now:
http://www.radiationtalk.com/info/radiation_fertility.php

I'm no medical expert, so can only speak from personal experience, but ditching the mobile phone and taking pycnogenol gave us miraculous improvements in sperm quality and quantity. Turns out it's just my eggs that's the problem now... so I'm trying 3 months on pycnogeol too! Hell it can't make things any worse :) xxx

Thanks for all the replies ladies :)

We're going to keep on taking the Pycnogenol. There was one consultant that i've emailed that mentioned that he had some experiences with patients using it but he didn't go into detail as they thought it might have caused our issue :roll:

Hubby doesn't carry his mobile phone at all, isn't allowed his pants on in the house just boxers, has fans pointed at his balls when he is on the PC as it blow out 50C air, checks his blood sugar about 10 times per day, doesn't eat any simple sugars, has no caffeine except for his daily white tea (minimal amount), humps his hand every other day and he has ordered a new seat for his bicycle and isn't riding until it arrives :)

Oh, he is also taking zita west vitamins which are a pain in the arse because it's three per day.

If that doesn't help then nothing will!!!

What dosage did your hubby take Bead? The site you used only sold 30mg. The highest dosage i could find was 100mg and some forums suggest 200mg per day but i'm not keen on starting off with extremes.

Last edited:
Hey Louise, we're on 60mg (2 tablets with breakfast every day).
Top marks to your hubby - that's hardcore effort! :)
xx

Thanks Bead :) I bought him some 100mg ones and he is on one a day.

I know! He's being so good with it too and nice :love:

I think today is day 10, so just another 60 to go before we can start treatment :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back