Nervously stepping in...

SmallPurpleCat

Reaction score
BFP yesterday so thought I would come and join tri 1 :)

I've already self-referred to the midwife service and will go and see Dr as well. I was wondering if I can get an early scan due to mmc in January.
Is it best to ask my GP, community midwife or phone EPU...?

BFP yesterday so thought I would come and join tri 1 :)

I've already self-referred to the midwife service and will go and see Dr as well. I was wondering if I can get an early scan due to mmc in January.
Is it best to ask my GP, community midwife or phone EPU...?

Congrats hun,

I managed to get an early scan with the NHS die to having 3 miscarriages last year, not sure if they offer them for people that have had one (they should offer them to all women that have had a loss but EPU's are very underfunded)

Maybe an private scan would be an option?

We also had a private scan (3 weeks after early scan) and that was amazing!

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Congrats Hun xx

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

Welcome, and congrats.

Hope this is the begining of a happy healthy one this time.

Congrats hun.
If it helps the doc told me to talk to the midwife about early scans and stuff due to been high risk.
Weather they'll give them or not is another thing tho.....

Hi you,

Congrats first of all! I suffered a MMC last year and was wondering if you can go for an early scan, i was thinking they wont see me but will you please let me know if you have any luck?

Congrats again!
xxx

Congratulations hon!! Xx

Congratulations hun! I am going to ask at my mw appointment if I can have an early scan due to mc last year, I'm expecting a no but u can only ask.

Xx

Hey hun massive congrats again - nice to see you in here! Worth an ask x

Congratulations hun, and welcome to Tri....I'm feeling hugely pregnant now with people a whole week less pregnant than me lol

Just ask your Midwife about the early scan, if she thinks you need one she will send you for one, in fact I've been sent for one and I can't even seem to confirm why!

Congrats again x:dance:

Congratulations! Wishing u a happy healthy 9 months :D xxx deffo worth enquiring about an early scan! Good luck, I hope u get 1 xxx

Congrats hun!

My epu has been good. Had a couple of bouts of spotting and have hat 2 scans. One at 6 +3 and one at 7+4. They told me anytime I need reassurance to phone them and they will see me. Worth phoning them directly.

Congrats hun, I was refused an early scan after my mmc, I went private at 8 weeks in the end just for reassurance! xxx

My EPU saw me and did hcgs 48hrs apart for me due to mmc last year and me having some spotting at time when period should have come. They have been amazing (but the answer wasn't what I wanted). Having a scan earlier than 6w is a bit pointless as it doesn't tell you much but the hcg should be doubling if the pregnancy is going well.

Congratulations, hope you have a H&H 9 months

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back