Midwife appt

dita_parlo

Reaction score
My DR told me that the next time I get pregnant, I should make a midwife appt straight away due to my history, which I have just done. I'm going on Thursday, when I'll be 4 weeks, but I was just wondering, what will happen at this appt because I know most people don't see a midwife until about 8-ish weeks. Will I just get referred for an early scan? Bloods? I'm just worried that the midwife will just tell me to go away and come back when I'm further along!

Not sure what will happen at your first apt, they might go over medical history ect, and take your blood pressure/weight, its probs way to early to take bloods ect. I didn't get my first apt til i was 13 weeks so its hard to tell what you should expect. You should go along anyway, nothing to lose.

btw congrats on the pregnancy.

:)

WOAH!! hey Dita!! lovley to see you here!!! what a suprise :)
congratulations!!!! :yay: :yay: i didnt see midwife until last week
i had bloods done! hope u get an early scan! fx for an extra sticky!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi hun,

Not totally sure, but you might get referred for an earlier scan. If not, there's no harm in asking for one.
Great to have you here.

xxx

If I were you I'd lay it on thick with the MW and say how worried you are with your history etc etc etc and angle for an early scan.

Also loving your Tri1 action, lovely to see you here :)

Does your hospital have a drop in epu? Mine just started doing this at the start of the year and u can go down there and get scanned between 9 and 11 up to 20 weeks z

Thanks ladies, my dr was really good last time so hoping midwife will be the same and send us for a scan, if not we'll pay for one privately, would about 8 weeks sound right to go?

Hey Dita, CONGRATS!!

Well I am 5 weeks n a bit and as soon as I found out at 4weeks I called my midwife as i had her personal mobile from last time and told her I was PG.

Because I had a MMC last time, she has booked me in for an early scan at 7 weeks and then made the booking appt for the week after (all being well). And if it is bad new then will just have to cancel it :(

Does anyone know if they should be able to see a heartbeat at 7 weeks? Didnt realise it could be detected so early.

xxx

xxx

im not 100% but i think you can see the heartbeat after 6 weeks. It will probs need to be an internal scan though, I got an internal at 8 weeks with first and saw heartbeat.

INTERNAL???

WHat happens with one of those, apart from the obvious, lol!
How is it done?? I dnt mind TMI

x

It's just that the put the probe up your bits rather than scanning on stomach. Has a clearer picture if your early on x

It is a bit invasive to be honest (which goes without saying really), I had no choice to get it done, as I was bleeding, I wouldn't opt for one out of choice though. Plus even at 8 weeks baby was the most tiny blob you can imagine, not any shape to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back