need help, confused again (UPDATED WITH AN ENDING :()

moomoo192

Reaction score
Hi, i posted this to a friend of mine so i've copied and pasted it here to, hope no-one minds

Most of you have probably read my other posts i put in here but i apologise if you have not and this starts off not making any sense

I'm feeling good, well i was, i'm just so confused at the moment.

When i had the miss, i felt ok, i think i had come to terms with it b4 it actually happened cause i knew it was pending and i didn't see anything on the scan.

When i had the actual phonecall from the hospital i came off the phone and cried, i kept having bouts of crying that day and the next day i felt the odd sadness at diffrent things but i wasn't as upset as i thought i 'should' be if you understand. I just felt well its over and done with now its time to move on. I hope i haven't offended any of you by saying that but its just how 'I' felt, i know it affects all people differently but i just wanted to get back to ttc, i think cause i didn't see a heartbeat it helped enormously.

Right well now this is why i' m getting confused...

I asked my doctor when should i expect to get a negative pregnancy test, she said 2 weeks. When the hospital rang to say my numbers had dropped, i asked her lots of questions etc and she said to do a test, either home, doctors or go to her and she'd do one for me in 2 weeks (same as doc said) and it should be negative, if it wasn't then to go back and see her.

My numbers were 489, then 48 hours later they dropped to 390. I've been reading loads on the net (maybe i shouldn't have bothered now :roll: ) and they seemed low for 7 weeks but i guess if i was earlier than that say 4/5 weeks they could have been about right. I also read that nothing is generally seen on the U/S till numbers are at leat 1000, was this why nothing was seen?

When i bled it wasn't as heavy as my usual periods, it was mainly when i wiped but sometimes there was quite a lot there on wiping, i never needed a pad, only a liner and it was very dark and sticky. The liner was never full only medium/light marked. I passed 1 clot the size and shape of a sultana, quite firm in texture and looked like liver would and another which was more like a raisin size piece of dark purply red chicken skin sort of thing. I never had much pain neither, a little ache more so and aches in the top of my thighs and hips.

Bearing in mind i started spotting on the mon night which was watery pink then brown, lasted about an hour (we also dtd the previous night) monday there was nothing but i had the vagnal scan, tuesday i had the bleeding wednesday the clots and thursday bleeding which nearly stopped but started again friday and was finished by saturday...does this sound like a miscarriage to you??

Saying i missed on the wednesday when i passed the clots, i did a test sat and it was positive, tested again on tuesday and it was positive again but slightly darker, even my mum said so, tested again tonight and again its positive either the same as the last one or (i think ) slighly darker, its a definate positive though, basically the same colour as the control line.

Could it be i lost a twin? would that make my numbers drop and go up again, i so want my numbers re-checked or a scan just so i have piece of mind.

When i 'missed' i felt that looking back my symptoms had slowly dissappeared but this last week its like they (some or even different ones) are coming back. I Haven't been thinking about maybe still being pregnant so i don't think its 'psycological' as it wasn't till today i've been obsessing over it all again.

Am i trying to hold on and not letting go properly or could i still have reason to believe i 'might' still be in with a chance?

I feel so silly but there is part of me that won't rest till i 'know for sure'.

Another thing is if my hcg is still in my system then would that stop me from ovulating untill its gone back to normal?

I have started getting niggles down below and wonder am i still pregnant or am i about to ovulate but i really don't think i would ovulate if my body still thinks it pregnant.

Oh boy this is so confusing, can u see where i'm coming from or do i sound mad? :smile:

Also doc said by my LMP(3 feb) i was 7+3 when i had my scan (27 mar), if i went by Ovulation day, ( 26 feb) would i have been 4+1 or 6+1 weeks when i had the scan? i said six cause i still added 2 weeks onto the O date, now i'm wondering if i would have only been 4 weeks, this would make a lot more sense with my numbers etc wouldn't it.

Oh well i'm sorry if this just seems a rambled mess, i know i feel confused so i don't doubt this will sound confusing to you.

have a good Easter everyone

take care

xxx

hi hun

Im sorry i cant help you, but sending you lots of hugs hun. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi Hun,

I would call your midwife at the EPU and ask all the questions that you want to ask, I understand why you must be confused but im sure there is a good explaination for things.

Take Care hun, I'm thinking of you. If you wanna chat then feel free to PM me xxx :hug: :hug: :hug:

hi hun firstly :hug: :hug:

when i m/c for weeks and weeks after i felt like you do, thinkin maybe i had lost a twin and was still pregnant and things like that i was so sure i was still pregnant.

i would go and talk to your doctor and see what he has to say about checking your levels again??

hope you get it all sorted soon :hug:

Hi hun I would definitely go back to the Epu and see if they can scan you again. The other thing you need to ask them to check is if it might be ectopic I don't want to upset you but a friend of mine though she had m/c but kept having signs and getting positive test results they evenually did a scan to check her tubes and discovered it was ectopic apparently when they do a normal scan they don't tend to look at your tubes.

I'm really sorry if I have upset you by saying this but if you are still showing positive more than 2 weeks later it does need investigating.

Best of luck hun :hug:

Hi

I have no experience with this but i hope you get it all figured out , so sorry you have to go through this :hug:
Katrina

:hug: sorry you not feeling too good at the moment honey. I've never been through this so I can't give advice on M/C, but I'd think it is possible for you to have lost a twin and still be PG. I really hope this is the case :pray: , good luck with getting it sorted. I'm here for you if you wanna PM me :hug:

Hi there

Well i had the hospital again this morning, they are well confused and can't really say whats going on at the moment. They took my bloods today and i'll get the results later hopefully. I asked for a scan but all their scan slots were full so i'm going back tomorrow for a scan and again friday for more bloods.

Bascially if it was ectopic they should have seen evidence of this by now and haven't, if i miscarried like they thought i had i should be registering negative on a test and i'm not. I took my diary and gave her all my info like LMP, O date (what i thought it was) negative tests, positive tests, i also took my bfp's i'd gotten since having the miss.

I asked if it was possible that i lost a twin and maybe thats why my numbers dropped slightly and she said no as the one twin would have died and the other should have numbers that doubled and the 1 would have overtaken the other set of numbers giving a higher result still if u understand tha, sorry i'm not that good at explaining things like that.

I also said that when i was having the scan i asked the scanner what she was measuring and she replied little fluid filled sacs, i said could these have been empty gestational sacs, she replied well yes i suppose but usually they are a different shape/colour to cysts so the scanner can generally tell if its a gestational sac.

She gave me a little hope though still and said it has been know for numbers to drop slightly and then rise again and it could still be viable but i don't want to get my hopes up too much, this has been so much of a rollercoaster ride already.

Until we know whats definately going on i have to wait for my numbers and the scan, god i so hope something shows up please :pray: for me, thank you.

She said other things that may be a possibility is i'd have to have a camera in my tummy to see where the baby or whatever is going on is situated or maybe even take a pill, i think she said cytotek (sp?) i think that might be like an abortion pill but am on summising on this one, its to break down whatever cells are there and release everything.

Well i'll update again when i hear more

Thanks for all your replies, it means a lot to me.

xxx

okay the doctor from the hospital just rang me, my numbers went up to 1434..

these seem really low still to me, definately not doubling...re-cap...

27 mar 489
29 mar 390
11 apr 1434

She said that there is definately tissue growing somewhere, if i got any bleeding, pain etc or was generally just worried to go to A&E, I told her i have had a bit of brown spotting in the last hour and she said to go up if it changed for the worse.

I asked her if this could still be a viable pregnancy and she said they really can't say at this stage they wont rule anything out, i must admit i feel i don't have any hope, not with numbers this low :cry:

well roll on otmorrow cause i just want my scan now, at least i'll know one way or another if there is anything in me :pray: :pray: :pray:

aww huni, im sorry your going through this,

If your numbers are up then it looks to be a good sign , i wish you all the luck in the world and hope you see your little lo on the screen... :hug:

keep us posted... :hug:

Good luck tomorrow hun, your going through such a hard time at the moment. The worse thing is not knowing and waiting, so many thoughts go through you head dont they.

You are in my thoughts are prayers sweety, I hope it is good news :hug: xxxx

Sorry i didn't get back to you yesterday, it just seems so long ago now..all hazy too...here's what happened

Basically i went in for my scan, told them about my shoulder pain etc, they scannned me and still found nothing. well then she got the registrar to come and look over my notes cause she was well confused but still concerned for ectopic, anyway, basically i had to stay in as an emergency patient, had to have a laparoscopy (sp?) anyway they had trouble but they found it was ectopic and removed it along with 2" of my tube :( i also had some internal bleeding and fluid. They said another 1 to 2 days and it would have ruptured.

Now if i get pregnant again (which will be twice as hard i guess with only 1 'working' tube), i will be 'high risk' so have to have bloods and scans done as early as poossible until another ectopic is ruled out :(

The kids were in bed when i left and mum mum was looking after them so i didn't bother waking them thinking i'd only be gone an hour or so, course that upset me knowing i wasn't able to see them b4 the op.

My emotions are all over the place, i just cry for no reason, its hard, i wish it hadn't come to this but i'm lucky it was found when it was or lots worse could have happened.

Thanks for all your help girls and for being there for me, it means a lot

The doctor wants to write my case notes up as its such a 'differnt' case so i agreed.

Niki

I had an ectopic pregnancy 8 weeks ago so I know what you are going through. If you want to chat feel free to pm me.

Take care

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back