Nearly fainted at 1st antenatal class..

Citygirl1

Reaction score
Dizzy spells- near fainting episodes
Today I had my first antenatal class and nearly fainted while sitting on the chair.
wacko.gif
My head started spinning and I got covered in cold sweat. I got so scared of the thought of passing out but didn't want to embarrass myself but eventually had to say something. The room was very stuffy and class was 2hours long but don't know what caused it really, maybe just a combination of things.

They checked my blood pressure which had fell and my pulse which was fine. Lay down for 10 mins and had sips of water and felt ok after this.

Just wondering if it is normal or if this has happened to anyone else. All my tests up to now have been fine, BP also,
doh.gif
Don't know if it was just me getting overwhelmed with everything. Now i'm not looking forward to next class which is next week. :shock::wall2:

probably a hot stuff room didn't help, also being somewhere new, a bit scary and with all those new people too, don't worry, enjoy next week knowing what to expect. Take a sugery sweet in your pocket for halfway through next time may help prevent it

Last edited:
Aww sorry to hear this but don't let it put you off your next class. I nearly fainted while talking to an old Norfolk farmer early in pregnancy and was so embarrassed, although I think he was more embarrassed tbh, didn't know what to do lol!
Like JJ says, take something to eat/drink with you next time just in case :)

I nearly fainted in asda once when I was pregnant. Same thing as you, head spin, cold sweat, shaking. Luckily I was with my mam and she sat me down and a member of staff brought me some water. Its very scary at the time but I think it's quite common xx

I think I would do the same hence Im not going to go to any, just read up a lot xx

I did in our first class again it was hot and stuffy nd very long makes sure u tke water and some sugary thungs x

It's a relief to know it's not just me that has felt this way!

i did it in our first antenatal class. spent half an hour with my head on oh's shoulder so it didnt look obvious!!! remembered next time to take water and chocolate!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back