antenatal class

Gruntie2

Reaction score
finally managed to make it to my antenatal class this week... got there about 7:05pm.. was a big mad rush.... the class was ok.. but i think al the info was available on the internet...... It was about labour and pain relief... my DH wasn't too happy and felt queezy for most of it LOL.... don't think i'll go to the one next week as its about breastfeeding and i don't plan on breastfeeding my LO

question.... as my hubby got queezy last nite.. my midwife has suggested i have a backup birthing partner.. anyone else having a backup?

I'm taking my mum in the delivery suite with us... not just because I think that OH won't cope well but also because I think it'll be better for me to have someone there who I know has been through it before and can keep a clam head... (and also she knows how to calm me down better than anyone else!!)

I also skipped my breastfeeding class...I'm gonna breastfeed (or try to at least) but I found the other classes I'd been to so boring, longwinded and obvious that I just couldn't face another 2 hours of being lectured at by the midwife :oops:

LOL... i think i would have enjoyed the class more if the chairs were comfy and more spread apart... we all seemed to put squished together...
I wish i could have my sister or my mom in with me.. but i don't think i can wait for them to fly out from the USA when i go into labour LOL... i thought about my DH sister but he doesn't want me to have her as she annoys him LOL - theres his dad but i think hes a bit too pervie to have in there and his mom has MS and is in a wheel chair.... so not much left to choose from :-(

I'm having my Mum in there as well as my boyfriend. I think my boyfriend can cope, but he can go off and get food and drink e.t.c. without having to leave me on my own. And also my mum is experienced, whereas neither me or my boyfriend are.

im only having alex..my mum wants to again this time but i only want him..

Gruntie2 said:
LOL... i think i would have enjoyed the class more if the chairs were comfy and more spread apart... we all seemed to put squished together...
I wish i could have my sister or my mom in with me.. but i don't think i can wait for them to fly out from the USA when i go into labour LOL... i thought about my DH sister but he doesn't want me to have her as she annoys him LOL - theres his dad but i think hes a bit too pervie to have in there and his mom has MS and is in a wheel chair.... so not much left to choose from :-(

One thing my MW told me was make sure the person you pick as a second birthing partner gets on with your OH otherwise it makes for some tense times and you can get stuck in the middle which you don't want!

What about a close friend? Or maybe you could try and find a doula...there are more and more about these days and they have some great experience to help you, although obviously they charge. :hug:

Failing that I'll come and do it!! I'm only 50 mins away!!!! ha ha ha!!!

LOL... thankx pilkers... i'll keep u in mind.... I have a couple of close friends but one lives in scotland... LOL and the other about 2 hrs the other way... :-( I have just fell out with the one that lives close.... LOL.... i'll have to think .. i may ask my auntie... but she doesn't drive so i don't know how'd she get to the hospital..... grrrrrrrrrrr if i could trust that my dh would not faint or pass out i wouldn't have to be making this decision... MEN lol... good job they don't have to have the babies... xxxx

I just realised my due date is only 1 day behind you so I might be pushing myself yet!! We can coach each other via the phone!

I'm sure he'll cope...and if he doesn't then the midwives are there to help. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

oh not too far then... my nan lives in rawentenstall near Burnley... i live near Holmes chapel...

I'm originally from Burnley... whats Holmes Chapel famous for? Or am I mistaking it for somewhere else?

I think I was confusing it for Holme Firth? the place where Emmerdale is filmed.

But I know where Holmes Chapel is now...I looked on the map! :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back