Nap/self settle thread

So plan today.
All naps will be either in his cot or my bed.
He will feed every 2.5-3 hours.
I won't go mad!

He's asleep now, I don't know if its maybe the light? We put sheets etc over his window and it doesn't face the sun anyway... After writing on here I went in and gave him a little bit of milk, to which he drank a bit then kept turning his head into his blankets at the side so I put his dummy in, walked out and the crying started again so oh went in n shushed him etc, and put a sock over his eye lol, a clean one mind... And he went to sleep soonish after so don't know if he was just exhausted or it helped block out the light...I was trying to get him to a later bedtime but if he doesn't nap in the day much like today, just doesn't happen :( blahhhh at least he's asleep now though can watch my soaps in peace x

I love the way you used a sock!!

Naps in his cot during the day are impossible. He wakes up straight away and won't settle. But today I'm going to try a fresh! About to put him down now. Any tips? It's odd cos night time he sleeps no problem. Even self soothes!

I just spent a few days at my mums (new found confidence) he went down FINE for his morning naps but no so well for his afternoon ones so I plan on taking him for a walk if that's the case today. He doesn't nap more than 40 mins usually I'm just putting him down when he's sleepy and hope that over time these napa will stretch into less and longer ones.

And he has woken up and is now crying. :-( he sleeps fine in his reclining bouncy chair but want to stop that and have him in his cot instead.

You will stay in you cot! Mummy will not give in! Should I leave him to cry? It's a sort of whingy cry. Not really crying but trying to get my attention sort of cry.

Last edited:
Right so O is still asleep. So his naps r gonna be mucked up arghhh
Once he gets up will try to get him to nap in his cot about 2.5 hrs later and see how we go! I don't know how I am gonna fit in all his feeds today cos he has 4 bottles 4 hrs apart and ummm I don't wanna change is bed time!! Sleepy boy!

And he has woken up and is now crying. :-( he sleeps fine in his reclining bouncy chair but want to stop that and have him in his cot instead.

You will stay in you cot! Mummy will not give in! Should I leave him to cry? It's a sort of whingy cry. Not really crying but trying to get my attention sort of cry.

As long as it's wingy and not upset leave him

after our disaster of a nite im not at all surprised that kayla just fell asleep in her swing chair after a bit of a moan n half hearted cry that i ignored , hopefully she sleep ok there for a couple of hours but just wouldn't know with my beautiful monster

have her back on the infacol and trying giving gaviscon after the bottle instead of in the formula so might lead to a happier baby which hopefully will lead to happy nap time :) well thats the plan anyway

So just trying put O down for his normal nap and e is in his cot shouting lol I need him to nap so I can have a shower he he

I just spent a few days at my mums (new found confidence) he went down FINE for his morning naps but no so well for his afternoon ones so I plan on taking him for a walk if that's the case today. He doesn't nap more than 40 mins usually I'm just putting him down when he's sleepy and hope that over time these napa will stretch into less and longer ones.

G does this too. She's gone down fine this morning, but by time its about 4 o'clock she gets cranky and wont go down. Im thinking maybe by the time the afternoon comes round she's over tired. Might have to go for a long walk.

xxx

We have a result! He had a sneeky bouncer sleep before his feed as I'm stupidly extending his feeds at the same time. He had a 20 min feed and I've just put him down and I think he's asleep! Yayyyy!

How long do your LO's generally sleep for?? The other day i put G down and she went down for a few hours - now she doesnt seem to do much more than 40mins ish.

xxx

Generally 40 mins almost to the second lol!

Ok, thats not too bad then. in the morning she generally wakes up but stays kinda quiet in the basket, so im never quite sure if i should be expecting her to go back over or let her get up to play.

xxx

ps - the loud wet fart made the decision this time. lol

Don't I've done a terrible thing Tyler did a poo just as he was at the silent eyes half open stage so I left him! First thing we'll do when he wakes is nappy change!

hannah struggles to go down in the afternoons too...goes down much easier in the mornings....

think i just heard a squeak from the bedroom....lol....

Well o napped for about 45 finally at about 10.40 now I just took him up the shop and he is asleep in his pram lol sometimes tho he wakes up when I get him out so we will see

Don't I've done a terrible thing Tyler did a poo just as he was at the silent eyes half open stage so I left him! First thsing we'll do when he wakes is nappy change!

I only got her up because she was awake. if it was the other end of the nap id have done the same. lol

xxx

Ok so o is down for his 2nd nap currently chatting I can hear him lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back