Nap/self settle thread

missy moo been asleep since 11am!!

bless her xx

Tyler did 50 mins. He's gone 2 1/2 hours since his feed and starting to complain a bit

I'm starting to have issues with E going down for her daytime naps. She has just started to learn to roll in all directions. Every time I put her down for a nap, she will roll onto her belly and start playing Violet (leapfrog dog toy that plays music).

When she does finally go to sleep, she will be asleep for about 30 mins max and that is between 2 and 3 times a day.

Waa not going well at all. He has completly refused to nap all day great I will have one overtired baby at bedtime joy

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

So todays rundown

Tyler went 3 hours each feed (infact over 3 hours for a couple) had 4 naps, 2 in his bouncer (because he was grouchy and due a feed) and 2 longish ones in his cot! No fuss! He's now in bed. Very proud. Fx for tomorrow!

So todays rundown

Tyler went 3 hours each feed (infact over 3 hours for a couple) had 4 naps, 2 in his bouncer (because he was grouchy and due a feed) and 2 longish ones in his cot! No fuss! He's now in bed. Very proud. Fx for tomorrow!

well done you xxx

So todays rundown

:yay: xxx

Great thread pinky!! Will goes down for a nap about 2 hours after a feed, usually for about 45 mins and I'm happy with this routine but I REALLY need to get him to self settle and nap in his cot. He had been napping in his swing and the car seat on the buggy. Iv now changed that to his carrycot on the buggy but he will outgrow these things soon and then I'm gonna have a problem. Also he never self settles :(

Xx

Last edited:
Pos do you put him in his cot regularly? I basically 'learnt' at my mums house under her watchful eye as she found me sat outside Tyler's room listening to him complain lol. She took me downstairs and held on to me so I couldn't run up the stairs to him. He complains, shouts, but I never let him cry I always go and pick him up. Generally his day naps he's ok and goes down but not in the afternoon. In the afternoon he'll cry and I'll rock him and put him down in his cot so at least he wakes there. Not sure if this is the 'right' way but thought this might give you ideas.

Pos do you put him in his cot regularly? I basically 'learnt' at my mums house under her watchful eye as she found me sat outside Tyler's room listening to him complain lol. She took me downstairs and held on to me so I couldn't run up the stairs to him. He complains, shouts, but I never let him cry I always go and pick him up. Generally his day naps he's ok and goes down but not in the afternoon. In the afternoon he'll cry and I'll rock him and put him down in his cot so at least he wakes there. Not sure if this is the 'right' way but thought this might give you ideas.

That's odd. G won't settle in the afternoon either!

Xxx

Great thread pinky!! Will goes down for a nap about 2 hours after a feed, usually for about 45 mins and I'm happy with this routine but I REALLY need to get him to self settle and nap in his cot. He had been napping in his swing and the car seat on the buggy. Iv now changed that to his carrycot on the buggy but he will outgrow these things soon and then I'm gonna have a problem. Also he never self settles :(

Xx

Up until recently my LO had never napped in his cot. He would always sleep in his swing, on the sofa or in his car seat. When he started to sleep on his tummy at about 8 months old he would never nap on the sofa and because I hated to hear him cry I would end up driving him around to get him off to sleep. I ended up spending a fortune on diesel and got a speeding ticket! It got to the point where enough is enough so I said he's going to have at least one nap a day in his cot. He self settles at night but will cry for about 10 minutes during the day. I go in after 5 minutes of crying, put his dummy back in, stroke his head then leave the room. Within another 5 minutes hes normally asleep. He'll sleep for 30 minutes to an hour.
We also do this at night when he wakes up.
Its not nice to hear him cry, but its only ever a whinging, tired cry. As long as he's not distressed it won't do him any harm to have a little whinge. It just depends on whether you can listen to it!!!

This morning at 7.30 he went down fine for an hour. I've just spent half an hour and real tears getting him down and ended up rocking him in his chair! He's now asleep. He's won, he's upset, I feel horrible :(

Hannah is down and in a sleeping bag as opposed to being swaddled for the first time!!! It's like she doesn't know what to do with her arms..... Lol bless her.
Let's see how she does. She is lying quiet now after a little grumble and whimper but don't think she asleep! Xx

Alyssa is finally sleeping soundly in her car seat as its upright, i spent half an hour nearly after feeding her in 2 sessions with her on my chest. i hope she gets a decent nap as i think she was exhausted yesterday after 2 days of being unsettled and whingey. the gripe water seems to have helped her wind and being upright seems to have helped her settle fx.

she fed ok from me today so far, still fell asleep but not as quickly and i know she was swallowing. the 2nd feed she took the other boob and took ages, falling asleep and disturbing in the middle then swallowing more. it does seem like after feeding a bit she needs to stop, then start again...

oh and when i put her on her playmat earlier she was sick a little, kinda paste consistency milk but only a lil bit.

Ruby has just woke up from a 2 hour nap she has only slept that long as she isn't very well today xxx

Hannah is down and in a sleeping bag as opposed to being swaddled for the first time!!! It's like she doesn't know what to do with her arms..... Lol bless her.
Let's see how she does. She is lying quiet now after a little grumble and whimper but don't think she asleep! Xx

she is asleep!!! :D she lay quiet for ages and eventually has fallen asleep....

will see how long it is til she whacks herself in the face!! lol xx

Omg I'm sick of my OH! his solution is if ain't broke don't fix it. But he doesn't realise that it'll be worse in the future putting the baby down for a nap than now!

exactly....tell him we are doing these things now to implant it into babies brain so they actually go to bed when they are toddlers...cos then they are able to get up out of bed and keep coming back to see us!! lol

my mate was too clingy with her little one and would let her sleep on her all day and sleep with them and would never do any self settling..in fact, she was never asleep on her own...my mate will be the first to admit she wishes she hadnt done this cos the LO is now 4 and still wont sleep in her own room....

it may feel harsh at times at the moment...but its for their own good..and ours!! :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back