Names and why...

My mum does that :lol: If I say a name I like there is always something about it!

I taught a Logan to swim - he had ADHD :lol: but was a lovely boy once u got him to stand still for 2 seconds. I am considering Logan for a boy but thats the only name I have!

Sherlock said:
Daniel Cornelis (or did you mean Cornelius) James sounds good to me :)

The Dutch have some lovely names. If I thought English speakers would pronounce it right, let alone spell it correctly, I'd consider a Dutch name for our LO.

It's the Dutch version of Cornelius which is Cornelis. It's my OH's official first name but all his life he's been known as his middle name, Timo. His grandmother threatened (literally!) to disown the entire family if his grandfather wasn't remembered in a boy baby's first name.

I absolutely loved the Dutch girls' name Saskia until there was an eejit on Big Brother with the same name. I really like Ariana but OH isn't convinced so Rebecca it is. I think it's because he had a thing for the Dutch actress Rebecca Romijn. :shock: He especially likes Logan because it's Wolverine from X-men's name. Where do I draw the line when it comes to x-men references? LOL

We were also thinking of Scottish names like Eilidh but realised it would be utterly impossible for a lot of our Dutch relatives to pronounce.... :rotfl:

U could spell Eilidh like Ailie - might help the dutch relatives ;)

Daftscotslass, you're SO right about teaching. It's one of the reasons we went for an unusual name.

Obviously Rebecca is the best name in the world though so good choice :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back