Names and why...

Suzie and Faith

Reaction score
Inspired by Debecca's story of Connie's name..

We have chosen Faith Lily for a girl.

My OH has always said to me 'have a little faith' when i've been down or worried (since we first met). And that's why we chose Faith for our baby, as i am going to have a little Faith! Lol.

Lily is my great aunt and the only member of my dads family who has bothered keeping in touch. She is 80 or so, lives in a tiny warden flat and lives in London - a few hours from me. Yet every birthday, xmas, or otherwise she sends cards and money, she always calls to say hi and she cares so much about me and my mum and brother. For that reason baby will have her name for it's middle name :)

So what names have you all got and why...

well there is no connection with the names we have picked for this baby but for Jack there were a few reasons.

My grandad was called Jack and the midwife that delivered him was called Jackie Jackson. Its strange because if we had, had a girl we liked the name daisy 'kate' and the first midwife was called Kate. Plus OH went ahead and told every one baby Jack had arrived and it kind of stuck- didn't ask me first though!

We were going to give Jack the middle name 'Zute' as I found out I was pregnant whilst at a zutons gig!!! we ended up with Sebastian ???

This time round we like Daisy or Woody!

If we'd have had a boy - or if this one does turn out to be a boy he would have been called Jack after my mums mum. Jack is a lovely name. I also love the name Daisy!

we are calling miss twin georgia(after my grandad george)
and we are calling mr twin zachary(i think) nothing special to it but we r having brett in his middle name as its in my name and runs from part of my family which the surname brett became extinct so they started adding it in middle names

And with Oliver his middle names all have a meaning Travis after my 8month old brother who died(strangly enough i found out i was pregnant on the day of his funeral) and james after Matts grandad

My Little Man will be...

James Michael Bernard McManus

James - although will be Jay for short I think. This was the ONLY boys name me and OH didnt have an arguement over :rotfl: its my bro's name too and every James I know is nice :D

Michael - because its my Daddys name

Bernard - because its OH's Daddys name - he sadly passed away last yr :cry:

Just incase you're wondering, no I dont call my Dad Daddy - I call him Doodle LOL prob much worse! :rotfl:

Tillytots, do you remember I mentioned my mum was one of 16 kids?

Their surname was McManus, don't suppose your OH is related to them is he? :rotfl:

Really?! Ooo maybe....

His family come from St Helens I think :think: and there is lots of them!!

x

Caleb Bruce

DF doesnt know about Caleb yet (LOL) but Bruce is after his best friend & its his dads middle name

He wont commit to a name, but id like to see him refuse my choice when ive just delivered his baby lol

Eowyn Narissa Snow if a girl

(Snow is my mother-in-laws madien name and there is only a female cousin with that surname so we thought it would be nice to add it as a name)

Alban William Piers if a boy

William after my grandfather and Piers after DH father's middle name

Mx

Well if our baby is a boy he will be...

___?___ Ian John Bradley

____?____ can someone please help me fill in this blank lol we just cannot decide on a boys first name, although we have considered Xander and Casey but neither feel right :?

Ian John - after my Dad who died 3 years ago :cry: It makes me so sad that my baby won't get to meet him (I've got tears just writing this)

And if she is a girl...

Elivia Therese Bradley

Elivia - bc we love the names Olivia and Ellie but couldn't decide so we mixed them together :)

Therese - MY DH's Mum's name

Name?

U mean we have to pick a name too? :lol:

I have no idea - not really thought about it tbh.

we have a boys name that means alot to both of us but struggling on a girls name :x

For the baby we have chosen Theo, meaning Gift from God.

Jue

I'm of Spanish and Welsh parentage (born in England) and my hubby is Australian (many generations there now) but his heritage can be traced back to French and Scottish (not from convicts :roll: ) ancestors.

We wanted to find something to combine all of those and use both our surnames, although in day to day life we'll only use hubby's surname for LO. However, when LO is old enough s/he can decide for themselves what surname they want to use, or even both :)

We pretty much decided straight away. Our list was short and sweet and we picked our names no problem. We both liked the same ones, so it made sense.

I'm not naming it. It's too hard!!!! I had my cat for 3 weeks before I named him - it drove everyone nuts. Can you imagine what they'll be like if I don't have baby name for weeks :rotfl: We only have 21 days in Scotland to register the birth though. Maybe I should register LO in England so I get 42 days to decide :rotfl: :rotfl:

names weve got for baby:

Chloe Christina (christina after my dear gran who died not so long ago)

Dylan James (James after my grandad)

Teaching SUCKS.

It's veto'd several of our name choices, one of which we had settled on years ago until I started teaching.

Was originally going to be James (Jamie) for a boy after my grandad but teaching a whole bunch of out of control laddies with that name has made us throw it out. Now we're toying between Daniel and Logan for a boy (James as the middle name) but pretty much settled on Rebecca (Charlotte as her middle name after my Gran) for a girl.

I hope OH's parent's aren't too set on me carrying on OH's war hero grandfather's name (he's Dutch)...

...wait for it....

Cornelis.

Yip teaching certainly limits your choices - I do 2 teaching things so its even worse :lol:

My sister called my nephew Jamie even though I kept telling her all the Jamies I have taught are nuts :lol:

Daniel Cornelis (or did you mean Cornelius) James sounds good to me :)

The Dutch have some lovely names. If I thought English speakers would pronounce it right, let alone spell it correctly, I'd consider a Dutch name for our LO.

I have a nephew called Logan - at first i thought it was a strange name but i think it's ever so cute now!

Both my mum and my OHs mum work in schools. My mum spent so long telling me how awful the name Tyler was (our first boy choice) due to a boy in her school and in the end i went off the name!!
She couldn't argue with our boy choice of Jack as it was her dad's name.

She still isn't sure about Faith for a girl as she reckon people say Fayfe - as in they don't pronounce the 'th' properly.
I then told her she could call her FiFi (which i love as a nickname). and she told me that should be the proper name.

I told her it was our baby not hers. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back