Nail varnish

babsi

Reaction score
Just saw a photo of Suri Cruise with nail varnish and my neighbour's little 3 year old has her nails painted.

Views? (never seen this topic on here before)

I noticed that in a magazine recently to, it does look cute but a little wrong. I would be worried about the chemicals but then i am very wary of most things.

I think at 3 my cousin had kids nail varnish that just kind of peeled off. She was allowed to wear it to parties and that was about it.

I think I'd rather Evie got to 5 or 6 before I let her paint her nails and even then it would only be for special occasions.

I don't want her to grow up to fast :(

My 6 year old occasionally wears nail varnish and of course her 3 year old sister wants it too then. Not for school tho.

I prob started letting her about age 4; she just used to want to copy me and I think there's bigger things to worry about. Wouldn't let her have her ears pierced tho.

Don't think my 11 month old would sit still long enough! And it would look wrong IMO.

My little girls are five and four years old. Every now and again we have a special 'girlie' night. I put candles in the bathroom, run a deep bubble bath, and we have 'champagne' (grape juice) in the bath, and listen to music. Afterwards we get on my bed, pamper ourselves with creams, and paint our nails. They are allowed to have pink on their toes, but only a neutral 'peachy' colour on their fingers. I only use the kids ones on them. They know they're not allowed to have dark and grown up colours like mummy. They absolutely love their 'pretty toes' and our girlie nights.

The varnish on their toes only really gets seen by us and you can't see it on their fingers, but they know it's there and it makes them feel a bit special.

:)

not for me but i wouldn't be calling social services if i saw a little girl wearing it :D

Sammystar said:
My little girls are five and four years old. Every now and again we have a special 'girlie' night. I put candles in the bathroom, run a deep bubble bath, and we have 'champagne' (grape juice) in the bath, and listen to music. Afterwards we get on my bed, pamper ourselves with creams, and paint our nails. They are allowed to have pink on their toes, but only a neutral 'peachy' colour on their fingers. I only use the kids ones on them. They know they're not allowed to have dark and grown up colours like mummy. They absolutely love their 'pretty toes' and our girlie nights.

The varnish on their toes only really gets seen by us and you can't see it on their fingers, but they know it's there and it makes them feel a bit special.

aww that sounds so cool! If I had little girls I think we'd do that too :D

Sammystar said:

awww I still do the same with Tia...

Tbh... I wouldn't put nail varnish on a 3 year old... Do you know HOW difficult it is to cut their nails let alone faff about trying to paint the bugg*rs only to have them chew the stuff off and eat it... Gah.. too much of a waste of time imho... :roll:

Not fond of it myself but maybe when imogens older she could have a bit of sparkly on her toes for special occasions only.

Sammystar, sounds really cool, if I ever have a little girl, I would love to do girly nights like that. I think around 5 is a great age to do these sorts of things.

Around the age of 2/3 I don't agree with. I was thinking of trying to do something like that on Kai, he just wouldn't sit still for 1 second, a little pointless.

Sammystar said:

That sounds cute!!

As long as its just the kids stuff and for special occassions i doesnt bother me,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back