My turn to have a quiet baby!

Ammdaz

Reaction score
So yesterday I had a half day at work and it was a bit hectic. When I left I realised I hadn't felt LO move much but thought maybe it was because I was too busy to notice. I've kept a close eye on her movements since and she has been moving but it doesn't feel as much as normal. She normally goes mad in the evenings when I sit down to watch tv and she did start wriggling last night at this time but whereas she normally would keep going for a good five or ten minutes at a time last night it was just a couple of wriggles then she went quiet again. And that's been the pattern since, I'm still getting movement but its one or two wriggles at a time instead of her usual five to ten minute episodes of crazy 'I'm going to pop out of your tummy' movement!

I know that whenever anyone else posts this kind of thing my advice is always phone and get checked out just to be on the safe side but you know when it's you and you're worried about making a fuss! What should I do girls? Xxx

Hello! I went through a little phase when my baby didn't move as much and it was when I went on holiday to spain. My midwife said if I felt really hot and lethargic then the baby will to. I'm just saying maybe is due to this heat wave? Keep yourself hydrated. I hope this helps xxx

I would perhaps ring to put you mind at ease, no point spending the day worrying about it when you could get checked and relax, im sure the lil tinker is fine and is just having a quiet day, and the heat could of quietend her down abit, have you been drinking plenty of water? And have you tryed all the usual cold fizzy drink and that?x

Thank you for your replies. I did wonder if it might be due to the heat. But I think you're right Nat, I'm probably better off ringing than spending all day fretting. I put off ringing yesterday then woke up in the middle of the night worrying! I tried a cold drink and laying on my left side last night and she gave a couple of jabs but nothing like her normal massive wriggles xxx

in my experience the more you stress and worry which you will until youv spoken to someone baby will stay quiet as soon as you pick up that phone or get on the trace baby will go mental :) always ring though hun xxx

Yeah you're probably right Tilly! Little monkeys!

Well I've just called and the mw said because I have felt a couple of movements this morning it's fine. I explained that she's normally a lot more active but she still said its fine. Not sure I feel completely reassured because she's definitely quieter than usual but I guess there's not much more I can do at the moment xxx

Hey Hun my little man was quiet yesterday he usually has a good wriggle about and had been fine the day before so I was quite worried I tried all the usual things but he was just giving little jabs and then at one point he was having none of it so I had an ice lolly and about half an hour later he was back to his normal self. I think the heat makes a difference too I was so hot and tired yesterday so think this was why he was quiet plus they must get tired from all tge wiggling about but ur not alone my baby has his quiet days too x

monitor the movements throughout the day and if your still not happy call back later!! if you have to then tell a white lie and say you haven't felt anymore movements if your concerned they should be getting you in for a trace not just leaving you. My hospital are fab and actually said to me last time (4th time in for reduced movements) whats the point in us being paid to sit here doing nothing whilst you are sat at home worrying xxxx

also make sure you are drinking plenty if you are dehydrated they will move less :) xx

Thanks ladies. Mw did say they've had a lot of people ringing with the same thing and it could be the heat. I've just had a cold drink and she did a little wriggle but I definitely won't take any chances and if she doesn't liven up a bit through the day I'll call back. I don't want to get to night time and lay there awake worrying! Xxx

Im in the same predicament ammdaz. My LO has been a bit quieter than usual, yesterday and this morning but I have felt him. I've been particularly hot and tired these last couple of weeks so assumed it must be down to that. Just gonna keep an eye on movements and if I'm really worried I'll just ring. Althought what writing this he's given me a few prods haha! X

Aww Lauren it seems like quite a few of us are in the same situation, which is reassuring that its probably normal and just our babies reacting to the weather like we are! I've also just had a few more jabs from baby so hoping this is the start of her waking up a bit. Planning a lazy afternoon with lots of cold drinks and ice lollies hehe xxx

Yea it seems to be this weather which I really don't want to complain about but it's soooo hot lol!!

I like your plan, eat lollies and keep cool �� take care Hun xxx

I saw MW today and my lo quiet last night usually bonkers. I am not going to use the heat as an excuse but because moving this morning and moved loads when she palpated me told me keep an eye and if quiet tonight might need monitoring tomorrow. Keep well hydrated and stop in the day and try and tune into baby.

Hope baby is back to their usual self soon for you. I hate these worries! squiggle seems to go quieter for a day or two then livelier again and so on. But I have found that squiggle doesn't move as madly as she used to, probably as there's less room in there!

Well I'm pleased to say that since my last post she's been wriggling like a good 'un! Little monkey! These babies sure do know how to test us! Xxx

Well I'm pleased to say that since my last post she's been wriggling like a good 'un! Little monkey! These babies sure do know how to test us! Xxx

Aww goood... that's a relief.

My little one was quiet for couple days at beginning of the week. I said to OH if she doesn't perk up i'm phoning mw. yesterday i woke up and she was back to her actibe self and today. Don't think she wanted mw prodding her lol x

Awww thats great news glad to read This the lil
Tinker!hax

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back