• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My slightly hazy birth story!

cherelle

Reaction score
Well here goes as best as i remember!.....

I went in for induction and was given a pessary at about 1pm on Tuesday afternoon. Midwife said she would check me 24 hours later so i prepared for a long wait! OH was kicked out at 8pm and i tired to get some sleep.

After a few hours of mildish back pain at about 11.30pm it got a bit worse so i asked for some cocodamol. I tried to sleep but was still in pain and at around 12.30-1am i felt a 'pop' and my waters gushed all over the bed!

I called OH to come in straight away even though the midwife said i wasnt dilating yet and she didnt think anything would happen - but i was in quite a bit of pain now.

My back pain turned into contractions and at about 1.30-2am i was taken to a delivery room on my own and given the gas and air. The contractions were coming literally on top of each other, it was hell!! The gas and air gave me something to do but didnt help massively with the pain. At this point i was examined again and was 3cm.

I tried standing and going on the birthing ball but every position was agony so i stayed on the bed. I asked for Pethedine cos i couldnt cope with the pain anymore.

Then i went from 4cm to needing to push in about 3 hours! Im so proud i didnt ask for an epidural because the pain was hell but i think i was so shocked i didnt really know what was happening.

I spent quite a long time pushing because every time he got so far down i could almost feel myself tearing and didnt dare push anymore! After a bit they said the baby was getting tired though and i really needed to try and get him out so i manned up and pushed as hard as i could and out he came at 5.27am yesterday (8th June).

I had 2nd degree tears and had to be stitched up afterwards which took about 40 minutes and really hurt so i stayed on the gas and air.

If there was one thing i regret about the whole thing its the pethedine because all it did was make me very drowsy between contractions and did absolutely nothing to help the pain during them!!

I came home the same day - about 6pm last night and im still quite shocked and drowsy but falling in love with the little man! Stitches are sore but im glad im finally a mum and no longer pregnant :)

Cherelle you did really well hun! I wouldn't have pethidine again either as it made me feel sick & drowsy too. They must have been very happy with your progress to let you out the same day you had him. At least you can get into your own routine & enjoy pottering around the house rather than waiting to be let home x
Congratulations again - Ifan is gorgeous!

Sunnyb xxx

Aww sounds like you did fabulously Hun and well done on getting home so quickly! xx

Congrats hun :) Sounds like you did really well xx

:yay: Huge congrats! Sounds like you coped really well hun xx

Well done & congratulations xx

Congratulations and well done hunni, it sounds like you coped brilliantly. Im sure you will be a wonderful mummy xxx

my little man!

Attachments

• CIMG1200.JPG
    CIMG1200.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 67
  • CIMG1193.JPG
    CIMG1193.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 66
Congratulations again hun. You're looking fab and Ifan is gorgeous! Love his hair! :)

xxxx

You done so great hun! Bet your glad its over with now. He is so gorgeous!!! xxx

well done - i couldn't believe how bad the pain was either - every one tells you childbirth hurts but when you actually feel it yourself it's like on another level to what you could ever imagine!! well done - you did fantastically and he's so cute!!!

Congratulations!!! Hope you're loving being a mummy and aren't too tired yet :) xxx

Congratulations, he's beautiful!

And how do you look so hot after just giving birth lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back