My poor doggy is ill, Please send your best wishes.

TiffanyJaynexo

Reaction score
My 6 year old black Labrador is suffering with Pancreatitus and he may not survive.
We saw him today and he was so bouncy and full of life, you wouldn't think anything was wrong with him!

Unfortunately his liver is under a lot of pressure now as well, because his pancreas is extremely inflamed and so it's caused him to become slightly jaundice :(

He hasn't drank or ate for 5 days now, they believe that feeding him will make it worse.
He can go another week without eating as dogs adapt well to starvation so he's got a week to pull through really. If he was a cat, he'd be a lot closer to death.

He's got a cute bandage on his arm because he's tied up to a big drip at the moment, giving him fluids and pain relief. He's also having little walkies with the vets :) Physically, he's very strong but it's up to his body to fight the Pancreatitus. The vets are still treating him for it as that's all they can really do.

He wanted to come home with us all today, we're all extremely upset. My brother burst out crying when he saw Jake and my mum's been crying all day too, I've had my little cries as well. He really is part of our family and we all love him dearly, he always brightens your day with his affection.

We're hoping for a miracle really so please send Jakey your best wishes, he's got so much more life left in him, 6 years old is still very young too.

Oh also, this Pancreatitus happened literally overnight with Jake. Obese dogs are prone to this disease but Jake isn't obese at all. He did get lot's of scraps of meat off us though. Pancreatitus can be caused from a diet of fatty foods so just be careful with what you give your dog.

Thanks everyone. xxx

3837425832a3969329951b737395191l.jpg

Last edited:
Come on Jake, you can do it, have everything crossed he's ok hun
:hugs:
xxxx

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that hunni. Sending healing vibes to Jake.

I hope he'll be ok and that you and your family are ok.

Crap, I feel so bad for posting that I don't like one of my dogs earlier and it was just cos I was mad at her for being naughty. I love her really and couldn't part with her.

They do become like one of the family don't they.

Come on Mr Jake, you can pull through this! x

Aw Hun, I hope he is ok and gets well soon xx

OMG I'm so so sorry to hear this and I really hope that he pulls through. I would be devastated watching my dog suffer like that. Really hope he gets better. Am not religious at all but will be kind of praying for him.

:hug: xxxxxxx

:D Just got an update off my Dad!
They saw Jake this morning and he seems a lot more brighter and full of energy, he was even jumping up at them both.
He's ate a little bit now too! :D

He's had to have one of those cones put around his neck though, because he started chewing the wire off his drip last night. Dad said he was probably trying to escape :lol:

He's not out of the woods yet but hopefully he's on the road to recovery.
Thanks for your kind messages girls xxx

Last edited:
Awww yay for Jake :yay: hope he continues to get well x

will be keeping every thing crossed for him. hope he gets better big loves xxx

Another update: Jakey might be coming home today as he's been eating! :)
I'm so happy. Dad will most likely be picking him up later xxx

:yay::yay::yay: Come on Jakey, way to go. I'm so glad he seems on the mend. Bless his heart. So upsetting when they are so sick xxxxxxx

Jake's home!! :D I haven't seen him yet because I'm still in OH's house but will most likely go see him tomorrow xxx

:D I'm so happy. I'm hopefully going to see him today.
He's on special food and we have to give him antibiotics and drops with his food as well.
Parents said he's been sleeping a lot!

Thanks for all the support girls, hopefully he stays on the mend now xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back