How can my OH quit his job?

Tiffany is their any chance he could work his notice instead of just quitting and then he'd hopefully get a decent enough reference for the next job?
X

if he quite he will have to wait 6 weeks til the dole will give him money. if he got sacked he could sign on the next day. i find it a bit ridiculous that but thats just the way it is. they see it as you cant need the money that badly if you can afford to quit. id stay working there and only do what he is regularly asked to do and sign on too then he can quit after hes already signed on iykwim. working tax credits are only give to ppl over 25 working full time and child tax credits can be got along with child benefit after grace is born tho you might be able to get the ball rolling on those now hun.

I've told OH I'd rather he not quit, but stick it out a little more and hopefully get some more shifts.
One of the bar staff is leaving soon, and several months ago they promised my OH to teach him some bar work so hopefully he gets a chance to do so! I think he should still push them a little bit for more shifts though. He agreed with me and said he doesn't want to quit he just wants more work! xxx

We get working tax creds and I'm 20 n oh 22 so I don't think u have 2 b 25 :eh:

Aslong as your OH works over 16 hours a week once baby is born you will get working tax credits this is from there website x

Working Tax Credit is for people who
are employed or self-employed (either
on their own or in a partnership), who
usually work 16 hours or more a
week
are paid for that work, and
expect to work for at least 4 weeks
and who are
aged 16 or over and responsible for
at least one child, or
aged 16 or over and disabled, or
aged 25 or over and usually work
at least 30 hours a week
aged 50 or over must have been
unemployed and in receipt of
benefits for 6 months leading up to
the claim and work 16 hours per
week or more
aged 60 or over and work 16 hours
per week or more

It's a shame he can't get more hours, they must be struggling as well. Hope he gets some more work soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back