My little girls arrival!

Tan

Reaction score
Well I have finally found the time to come on here (due to still not having the internet at my new house as well as having the new little one!) to let you all know that my gorgeous little girl finally arrived on 27th July at 12.45pm. We have called her Isabelle Rosa and she was 6lb 6ozs.

She is lovely although was a pain in the bum to try and get her out so here goes with my labour story...........

The day before her arrival I had my show in the morning but nothing happened all day other than period pains. Eventually, in the evening I started getting contractions every five minutes that were getting stronger so I called the MW who came at 11pm. After doing a check she disappointingly said that my cervix was still way back and it was probably just the head trying to move down! How disappointed was I?! She then told me to go to bed (yeah right!) so I did and got back up with horrible contractions at 3am. I put on the TENS and left DH to sleep and waited. By 6am they were getting really bad and as I went to the toilet I managed to drop the TENS on the floor and break it! I realised by then that it really wasn't going to be my day!

So, I woke DH and we called the MW who again checked and said I was only 1cm dialated which was probably only cause this wasn't my first baby and that she had decided to turn back to back, hence all the pain I was having. Again I just had to wait!

By this time i'd decided that there was no way I was going to cope if it was going to be like this all the time so I abandoned the birthing centre idea and got it into my head to just get to 3cm so I could go to Margate and have an epidural.

By 11.30am, again I was really struggling to cope and poor DH was struggling to console me as I was constantly in tears so out came the MW again who told me I had reached the 3cm and could go to the hospital, yippee!!

DH drove me there (1/2 hour - not much fun!) and I struggled to walk up the corridor. Then I was offered gas and air which was amazing and I had so much that I couldn't stand up so the nurse got me on the bed and then as far as I remember (it was a bit of a blur!) the MW wanted to check me as my body was pushing involuntarily. So off came the trousers, out shot my waters which impressively cleared the end of the bed and after 2 pushes my little girl flew out, only 20 mins after arriving at the hospital!

So, after going into shock and shaking like a jelly whilst being freeeeezing! I finally got the chance to check that my little girl really was a little girl! Sam absolutely adores her and kisses and cuddles her all the time too which is great cause I was worried about jealousy etc.

And there you have it. I'm really sorry I hadn't been on here sooner to let you all know and I have missed everyone in a strange way and am looking forward to maybe getting to catch up when I get a few minutes peace from both my little monkeys!

Hope you're all doing well and will be back soon!

Tan xx

Congratulations! Hope u r all well. :hug:

congratulations hun cant wait to see pic glad everything went ok

Wow!! Congratulations Tan!
You have chosen a beautiful name - enjoy your little girl!! :D

Emilia xx

that is a gorgeous name, like it alot!!

many congrats hun, have fun with ur little one!! :cheer:

ooo congratulations, what a lovely name xx

What a fantastic story!! Congratulations Tan. :hug:

what a lovely story! brought tears to my eyes, reminded me of my birth with my 1st child!!

well done & you did it without an epidural :clap:

welcome isabelle (thats one of our names too!!)

enjoy her tan & family :hug: :hug: :clap:

Congratulations, she arrived like a bullet in the end - bless her. Love the name

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back