Heidi Makes Her Arrival

lisa31

Reaction score
Now I've finally managed to get on here I hope I dont bore you too much with my birth story.....!!!..........................

On Friday 17th Feb about 4.00a.m I woke with the urge to go loo (No.2!!) :oops: TMI!!?? I went, but the feeling of wanting to go never went - it was really strange - I would get, what I now know was a contraction and so I would sit on the loo again. Having suffered from bowel problems in the past I just thought it was that (it felt exactly the same!?) anyway I thought I must be constipated so I went downstairs and took some Lactulose.

At around six whilst on one of my trips to the loo I noticed my show had arrived - for some reason I still didnt think 'This was it' as I know you can have that weeks before the baby actually arrives - so I woke up D/H who got all excited and I told him to be daft and go work - so after much persuading he went work. I'd had also got my mum listed as a birthing partner as D/H isnt too good in hospitals - and so I rang her to tell her what had happened so far and she insited on coming over - and then rang my D/H to tell him to come home - which I was a bit annoyed about as I didnt want to make a fuss, as I had been in hospital the day before for High BP and when I got there the readings had settled down - so I didnt want to go again only to be told I had constipation!!!

By this time the 'contractions' were literally every 5-7 minutes but not majorly painful (I was due to collect my TENS machine that day as well!!) so I decided I ought to cancel my hair appointment which was at 12.30pm! When my mum got here I went in the bath (which I remember Sarah W Baby Belly saying she had done) and then my mum suggested we time the 'pain' as it came and went (I still at this point was convinced it was consitpation) anyway the bath slowed them down to every 10-12 minutes. They felt very much like period pain.

I had a cup of tea in the bath and then D/H got home - by this time I was using my heat pad on my belly as they were getting quite uncomfortable - so we decided to go into hospital just to check it wasnt a false alarm.

Got there and I was 3 CM dilated!! so I was totally shocked!! I wasnt due for another 2.5 weeks!! - you know it happens - but I was surprised it was happening to me! Anyway tried to get the TENS machine we had booked - but you wont beleive this - they wouldnt let us have it because we didnt have our cheque book to pay for the loan of it - £15.00 - My D/H made me laugh - like he said to them "my wifes in labour - we are not going anywhere!!" - so had to go without.

I got given gas and air and it was AMAZING - Highly recommended - 'High' being the operative word!!!! :D

I managed on that till about 5.00pm Friday Evening - and then they wanted to break my waters which they did (AWFUL - dont want to scare anyone but it was really really painful). After this the contractions really gave me hell and so an epidural was given - that took ages to do as I couldnt sit still because of the pain of the contractions. Once it kicked in it all relaxed at bit - and uptil about 12 midnight I was quite comfortable (very tired and thirsty and a bit hungry) but we were all sat around chatting etc. They wanted me to dilate naturally to 10cm and not to use the hormome drip - problem was that took another 3 hours so by the time it came to push I was exhaused and had had about 12/13 doses of epidural every half hour - so I was a bit not with it.

I then started to get high BP and Heidi's heartbeat started to slow - After pushing for what seemed ages the baby got stuck on my perinum (or however you spell it!) so I had to be cut - which again was awful - I had already torn - there was a rush of doctors and midwifes at this stage which frightened me, and nothing prepared me for the pain of childbirth - the pain was unreal (sorry - but thats how it felt for me)

She was finally born at 3.15AM Saturday morning. She is absolutly georgous and weighed 6lb 15 ounces.

I then had to be stiched up which took almost another hour - so all in all it was a long, tiring and painful day. All made worth it by my georgous geourgous daughter!.

Hope Ive not bored you too much - I just really wanted to write my birth story - still amazed it happened so early - I should still really have 2 weeks to go!!!!!

Will post some pics soon.

Thanks for reading

L x

Great birth story, I know what you mean about the waters breaking 9I had to have mine broken too). Looking forward to seeing the pics of little Heidi x

Congratulations Lisa - great news! She was a good weight - imagine if she'd waited another two weeks...... :D

Big congrats again hun although i still dont know if my jealousy has resided yet! :wink:
Cant wait to see pics
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks everyone

Lol Fayebalina!! I never imagined I would beat you to it!
:shock: :shock:
L x

Wonderful story glad alls well that ends well!!!! Congratulations!! Enjoy her! :D :D

xoxo Ree

congratulations hun cant wait to see the pics :D xxxx

Congratulations Lisa. xxxx

Isn't an epidural great??? :lol:

Glad to hear everything is okay with you now, and your georgeous little girl. We'll definitely have to arrange some time to meet now.

xxx

Congratulations :D That was a really good birth story, thanks for sharing it.

Congratulations Lisa, I agree about the epidural - amazing things ! :D

If your stitches are sore I found putting tea tree oil on my santary pad really took the sting and discomfort away. Shallow salt baths are great as well.

Lucy

Tankett - will definatley have to meet up when Im not scared of taking her outside LOL :D - what about inviting Petchy too and Claire who is also from Leicester (can't username is on here though - she is due anytime)

Lucy - thanks for the tip - I might try and get some tommorow. There is one particular part that is still really sore. I must admit I havent looked 'down there' yet!!!!! - I darent in case its scary!!! :shock:

I havent been out of the house for a week so it may do me good to nip out and get something! - thanks

L x

OOohhh it seems really really strange having a different ticker!!!!?? Just thought I would share that with you!

L x

well done you! glad everything went well -

huh! means i have to sit her patiently waiting on me own now!! - we were due a few days apart!! - you cheated!! hehehehe :lol: just kidding!

enjoy being a mum - i really cant wait now - post some pics asap!

shamu

lisa, i can't believe i missed this!!!!! it was claire who told me on msn this morning! i've been so busy with little ruben that i've not been on the forum at all, and i reckon it will be a while before i am able to post properly again! lol

many congratulations to you and welcome to the world little heidi!

Shamu! - Im sure it wont be long for you - I am still in shock that it has happened!!! I'm sitting here waiting for her to wake for her next feed. D/H put her bed tonight and I said I would do this shift then I can sleep tommorow. We really need to start looking at a proper routine!

Petchy!!!!!!!!!! Great to hear from you - I know what you mean though - it is unbelievable how something so so small can create absolute chaos in what was once a very lazy household!!!! It took me a while to find time to get on here - I still find it very helpful though and its great to keep in touch with everyone.

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back