My Labour Thread :)! Yay!! * update *

Can imagine time has virtually stopped. The dilation fairy is hopefully on her way xxxxxxxxx

Good luck, I hope you're doing better than me xxx

Induction continues ..

Tablet 2 has gone in and back on the monitor. Only 2cm dilated though so progression is slow. Possibly now having pethadine for pain relief but the induction wont be pushed any more tonight. Either nature takes course or we continue tomorrow!

aww, poor irb, hope things speed up and she gets some good pain relief so she can rest. xx

2cm is a start, might progress quick now it's got going. Good luck xxxxxxxx

Bless you both!!!! Good luck and I hope things progress quicker for you big hugs xxxxx

You poor love! This is going on a while isn't it?

I hope it all kicks off soon and you have your LO

Oh no!! Bet you are both pooped. FX it all kicks off quickly now. xxx

Well ...

Wow. Where do I start.

2nd tablet went in at 5PM eventually.

About 8PM I was about to be sent home buy Lynsey was clearly in pain. The midwife said leave it and it will pass but I know Lynsey and I knew something was up.

Contractions started every minute and hit 100 on the machine (which is high!) she was screaming the ward down.

They very quickly did an internal and hooray 4cm.

Straight into a labour room and gas and air.

Epidural was chosen and administered. The midwife and anethatist had a massive row and stopped the procedure as they disagreed with the placement of the needle.

Finally was placed and that was an hour ago. It hasn't worked. At all.

Still lots of arguing between surgeons and midwives.

Poor Lynsey? Examination in an hour but she has alot of pressure and my bet is we see Grace before 1AM!

Hardest 48 hours of my life. So so so proud of her but so so so frightening.

Love her to the moon and back and she is doing fantastic.

Come on Lynsey it's our turn now gorgeous xxxxxx

Awww daniel that sounds amazing!! It's lovely having updates from dads!! Good luck to you both and really hope grace shows up soon for you, 48 hours is too long!! She's just building it up to make a grand entrance!! Can't wait to see pics of her xx

Hope you are right and baby is here very soon!

Since we last spoke baby has turned posterior and turns out the big argument ...

Well the epidural failed.

Anethitest came back and did it again. I can't even imagine the pain. It didn't look pleasent.

Now going onto a hormone bag as stuck at 4cm.

BABY!!!

After a fair bit of destress dilated to 7cm! Yay! - heart rate still not good and it's almost 48 hours since waters went.

Had an internal with legs on stirrups .. Baring in mind SPD this brought on shreeks so loud I cried. Horrible to see someone in that pain. I can't een describe it! It wasn't a labour pain it was like a nasty (lost for words) pain.

They cut babies head to test blood. Bloody horrible!

Started pushing about 3.15 and at 4.15 vontuse came out and a vaginal cut was made.

Born at 4.18.

Had to have her lungs pumped with air and assistance from Doctors as she was a bit shocked.

Currently in the special care baby unit for 48 hours for obs because of heartbeat and length of time since waters broke.

Congratulations on your baby girl, Daniel & Lynsey xxx sounds as though you have had a really tough time of it though, hope all is well... Sending my love to mummy and baby xxx

Congrats, I hope mom and bay will both recover really fast :love:

Congratulations to Lynsey and Daniel after that epic birth!! And welcome to the world grace xx

Awww congrats. Hope you're all home snuggling soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back