My Labour Thread :)! Yay!! * update *

lrb

Reaction score
40 weeks 3 days! Had a really restless night couldn't sleep at all, bladder felt so full but hadn't drank anything! Finally gave in at 3:45 and went loo. Came bk to bed felt much better. 4:15 my waters broke in bed! Christ oh Christ why didn't I buy a matress protector or have a towel under sheet lol there was sooooo much and still now there's lots! Sat in bed n felt a trickle, i shouted to oh my waters, (he was awake ish as not feeling too well himself) then granbed me a towel but before i could sit on it the big gush came! I soaked two large bath sheets!! Little blood clot i saw there too but all mostly clear! Hard to tell on purple bed sheets lol! Sitting on loo till I'm not pouring so much! I put mat pad on and it lasted about 30 seconds! Yikes! Called labour ward and I have to try get some sleep.. Erm on what bed!?!?!?! It's soaked!! She said put a pad on n keep eye on water colour. Little bit pinky but fine unless it's brown/green! Gotta go in at 9:30/10 to be checked unless I start having regular contractions.. Which I wasn't having any but as I type I'm getting some really low down with pressure! But until there 5 mins apart she said don't come in any earlier. She said if no contractions start they will talk about what to do next once I'm there. So dunno what they would do once waters have gone with no contractions?? Or very irregular ones! How long can they leave you??
Anyway me or OH Will keep you all updated :) eeeek exciting! Not too scared at mo, keeping calm but feel sicky. Gonna get a bath to clean myself up! :)

*Update* came to hospital as contractions where 2-3 mins apart at 9:30. Midwife checked temperature, grace and checked my pad. Also did wee for her. Contractions were thick n strong when was with her then they stopped as way laying on bed! Gone for a walk and there back to 2-3 mins. She won't check me as will do that when I go back in a bit. She said they don't like to keep checking you. When examined ill update you again!

*update* examined and im not dilated but is it called effaced? And all thinned out. Examination was very strange, she struggled to get to cervix as babies head has got so low. So had to sit on my hands to help her lol was really unconfortable. Midwife asked me not to tense.. Bit hard when u have a hand inside you!!!!! Still contracting every 3 mins or so. She gave me the option with what I wanted to do, home or stay. So come home. Might have bath n walk around. Sitting through contractions is worst. She knew I was in pain as they started to make my eyes water now then i burst into tears! That was me laying down through a contraction though just as she was about to examin me! Taken some more paracetemol but doesn't touch it at all!!

Also midwfie thinks I'll b bk sooner rather than later. And if not I am booked for induction at 8:30 tomoZ!!

Last edited:
Good luck.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think they only leave you 24hrs after your waters go incase of infection, then they give you a hormone drip to start things off.

Xxx

Xxx

Well well well .. Hello Ladies!

I'm Daniel the better looking one of 2 halves! Lol sorry ..

Fingers crossed we have a baby today! Yay!

Yeah didn't think it would be any longer than that! Seem to be getting contractions now, 4 mins apart the last three have been but only 30 seconds! So will keep an eye on them using my sprout contraction timer! X

Good luck fingers crossed things move quickly for you x

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

Good luck and breathe through them. Try counting, or singing.
That's what helped me.

I Have to admit I do suck my thumb when I sleep.. It keeps me calm, so at mo it's actually really helping! Little hum aswell helps. Think it just tricks your mind to think of something else! See how long that works lol! X

Ooh exciting and nice to see your OH updating us... Hi Daniel! :wave: Good luck, hope all goes quickly for you both! Oh and thanks for the reminder, I've just added a mattress protector to my shopping list!!! :lol:

Deffo invest in a mattress protector!

Running tap springs to mind!

Currently contracting lots and keeled over in pain. Hopefully this is a sign of a nice established labour and by the time we get to hosp she is 4+cm (here's to hoping anyway!) lol

Pains got a lot stronger now!! Don't wanna build hopes up yet tho!! Really should try sleep but contractions won't let me!!!

Ill race you lol my contractions are 4 - 5 min apart lasting about 45 seconds waters still not broke but im not worried about that. X

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

:yay: finally!

It's hard to believe there's only 4-5 cups of water lol, seems like so much :shock:. They won't leave you long at all once your waters have gone, I think they give you something to bring on contractions.

Good luck hun, your wait it finally over :D xxxxxxxxx

So excited for you!! I hope you have a nice quick labour!! Good luck and I will be thread stalking all day!! Come on baby grace :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back