My IVF journey

I found waiting for the first scan the hardest like you say it's the unknown, on the first scan they had a good indicator with how it was going and roughly when they were looking at which was then pretty confirmed by the second one x

That's good to know. It is nerve wracking, I hate the unknown xx

I had my first scan on day 3-4 I think. My last scan was day 9 but I was high risk of ohss so I was checked all the time. Sounds like some follies are growing with those twinges, I remember those twinges well! Xx

That makes me worry a bit that they did a scan so early for you and my first is day 9! I am very low risk for OHSS so that could be why its so different xx

I would imagine that's exactly why. I was warned quite early on about it and then they had to keep a close eye on it. I got ohss anyway so all those scans didn't stop it xx

I think you're right. It must have been awful getting ohss, I imagine its very painful. All worked out in the end though :) xx

Last edited:
Yeah was pretty hard but like you say it all happens for a reason I think. I really hope this is it for you xxx

Thanks Charlie, I hope so too xx

I feel quite bloated today and a little queasy, I have read on the side effects sheets that its normal and the nurse warned me of the bloating. Anyone else get this though? I suppose its to to expected with the dosage I am on. I had my bloods taken this morning and they said they only call if there is a problem with them. I haven't heard anything yet so fingers crossed all is ok with that xx

Last edited:
Typical, as soon as I typed this, my phone rang. I have to go to repeat my bloods tomorrow cos my bloods got stuck in a shoot?? I don't really understand and didn't want to keep asking her to repeat what she meant but I just hope its not a problem that they will be done on day 6 and not 5 now? I am guessing they can be done at any point to check levels are right but its so annoying to go back again and on a Saturday, no lay in for me xx

Hi hun, that is annoying about your bloods but I'm sure another day won't make too much difference - I think it's just to check if your dosage is right and that you're not showing signs of being at risk of OHSS. I had my stims dose increased after my first blood test. If it reassures you at all it's standard at my hospital not to start stims scans until day 8 (on long protocol anyway) xx

That is reassuring to know they don't start the scans much earlier at your hospital. They called this morning, they managed to get my bloods and haven't heard anything yet so am hoping this is a good sign. I wouldn't be able to increase my meds at all as I am on maximum dose already so not sure what they would advise, I guess they could suggest reduction if levels weren't right in that respect.
I am so bloated today and feel a bit queasy again, hope it passes soon, just want to curl up in bed xx

Good that they did get your bloods, hopefully like you say that as you haven't heard anything that all is ok x

Bless you, how have u been managing the water ? I found that it helped when I felt super bloated and strangely having some of the milk too x

I have been drinking lots of water, not milk so much though, might try some and see if it helps a bit xx

I tried the milk (in the form of a milkshake to stop myself from being sick...such a child lol), think it did help a bit. I don't feel as uncomfortable today but I have a feeling of fullness in lower stomach, I look how I do in very early pregnancy, I always get bloat straight away. My clothes are even a little more snug. I have my scan tomorrow, I feel so nervous and worried, I wish my OH was coming with me, I hope I get some positive news from it, I am hoping something is going on in there!! xx

Last edited:
I'm sure it is hun - you've got signs that there's something going on as well! Good luck xx

I hope so too, its just the worry of low AMH weighing on my mind. I think I will have a listen of my Zita West tonight and see if it helps to ease my worries before bed as I won't sleep otherwise xx

Thanks so much ladies, I was so nervous going in and really thought they would say I hadn't responded. First thing she said was that my lining was fantastic and said its a good sign. So altogether I have 13 follicles growing!!! I couldn't believe it, my left ovary has been pretty lazy and usually only has 2 follicles on it when I have been for scans but it has 7 and the biggest one so far too. 7 of them are growing as they should be so the rest are smaller, I don't know if they can catch up or not but I am shocked even with 7. I have such low AMH and with high FSH that I didn't expect it at all! I am waiting for a call as I had bloods done too and will prob have a scan Friday, trigger Saturday and egg collection Monday!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back