My IVF journey

lisey

Reaction score
I thought I would start a little thread on here to note the journey of my IVF.
So I have been on buserelin for 3 weeks, had to continue it a little longer than usual but its seems I am good to go to start the stims.
I am feeling nervous now and excited of course. I am waiting for a call from the nurse to tell me when to start them so I am not sure if it will be tonight or tomorrow.
I will be happy to move on to the next stage as I just feel like I have been down regulating forever!! xx

Yep got the call. She said all is fine to start stims, she said to do them straight away and then in the morning alongside the buserelin. I swear it took forever for the gonal F to go in!! It feels like a big day, its the real start of it now. I really hope I manage to produce at least a few follicles xx

So its only day 3 of stims, I don't have any pain/cramps...probably too early for that anyway but I do feel a bit sickly and have lost my apetite, I don't fancy anything and am having to force myself to eat meals, I just feel like picking. I don't know if this is a side effect of the gonal f and luveris. I will check the packs later to see. I keep feeling incredibly nervous about it all, I am guessing that's normal, trying my hardest not to stress and I generally feel fairly relaxed, just a bit nervous xx

Just read you're last one.... I think its totally normal to feel nervous! I've downloaded the Zita West IVF meditation to try and help me with that (not listened to it yet though lol) xx

I was on gonal f as well and didn't have much of an appetite but I think it might have been to do with all the water making me feel more full! Are you feeling any better since you've started stims? xxx

Did you download the zita west one off of iTunes, I have been trying but I can't even load the iTunes page for some reason.
Stims are going ok, I am not loving the three injections every morning and sometimes the needle just won't go in and that makes me feel a bit odd. I do think starting the stims has helped the headaches though which is a positive as they were really awful. I have been drinking a fair amount of water so maybe that is contributing to the apetite issues xx

Good luck lisey I'll be following! Perfectly normal to feel nervous, I was a stress head with my final part of Ivf and it didn't change the outcome so don't worry about it! Got everything crossed for you! Xxx

Yes downloaded from iTunes hon. Tell me about it. Not sure if it's my old laptop or iTunes but I have problems all the time.

Glad your headaches are easing now. Not long now and the injections will be over with. Can't imagine having to do 3 everyday. I think I'm on just the one injection a day as having the Nasal spray for DR and then Pre-filled Gonal-F. I'm not going to moan once! Lol xx

Thanks Charlie, that's reassuring as I know I will probably stress, as much as I try not to xx
I will keep trying then Louielly, I thought it was my laptop. I am on gonal f too, its so much easier with it being pre-filled, I thought I would be worried about mixing the luveris, its fine, just a pain and fiddly. You can still moan, I am whinging all the time lol xx

When's your first scan? Glad you've started the stimming xx

First scan will be on Tuesday. I have to book it tomorrow when I go for my bloods. I thought I would have a scan before day 9 but they know what they're doing so I put my trust in that. I am anxious about going for the scan, with low AMH I know I won't get loads but just hope there's enough. I have been getting some niggles in my right ovary especially so hope theres something going on in there xx

Last edited:
I have everything crossed for you Hon for your scan on Tuesday, it's a funny old time isn't it as you take all the injections and it's waiting for the scan to show that it's all working and the niggles that your having sounds like its all going in the right direction :) x

It is a really uncertain time, I want the scan but I don't at the same time cos then the stress will really begin if things are not looking too good. Had a few twinges on my left side too today so hopefully something is going on with that side too as my left ovary doesn't seem to do much (that's where the endometriosis cyst was). I wonder if they will be able to give me an idea of when egg collection will be based on the first scan? was it on your first scan when they told you? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back