My giant is even bigger! And question about c-sections!

ft90

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!

Hope everyone is feeling well and enjoying tri 3!

I went for my growth scan this morning and my LO has gained a pound a week since the last one 3 weeks ago! So in 3 weeks he's gone from 8lb14oz to 11lb13oz! I was in shock when the sonographer told me... I think she was shocked as well!

I saw the consultant straight after to go through the risks of having a natural birth vs c-section. He also told me that contrary to what the other consultant told me, they would still let me go past my due date if I decided on a natural birth! So LO could put another 3lbs on before they'd induce me in 3 weeks, and I'm not prepared for that to happen! He's so big at the moment that he's in my pelvis and totally in my ribs at the same time!

Needless to say I went for the c-section option! The diary was full, so they had to get the director of maternity to move other people around so they could fit me in before my due date so I'm feeling a bit guilty that other people are having to change, I'd be livid if that was me! :whistle:

So I'm booked in Monday morning, have to get there at 7am :shock: I'm so nervous!!!!

Not sure what to take into hospital either. I had my bag packed for a normal labour but they'll be keeping me in for 3 days... I'm going shopping this weekend to make sure I have everything I need...

Any ideas???

xx

big knickers, I mean massive ones that go right up to your belly button (yes your pregnancy belly button.. alll the way!) I got mine from M&S and they were a life savour! My son is 14 months onld and I still have them, in fact, Im wearing them right now :whistle:

Also you wont feel like wearing jeans for at least 6 weeks after the birth so get youself some high waisted leggings and jumper dresses or similar, you'll be in PJs for a while but after a few weeks you'll want to wear proper clothes again, I got myself in the situation where I didnt have anything to wear clothes shopping :/

Take hair bands and hair clips, once you've got the drip in the back of your hand and a blood pressure cuff on, you wont want bits of hair in your face, you'll have to blow them out of the way instead of using your hands!! :lol:

You might be waiting around a lot on the big day, emergency sections go before you automatically so although youre there at 7am, it could be an all day wait. So take magazines, newspapers, a good book...

ohhh and shave off your lady garden or someone will offer the indignity of doing it for you infront of a room of people you've never met :roll: and you'll have to wash off any makeup so dont bother putting any on Monday morning. And wash your hair cos you wont be able to for a while, as you cant get your scar wet.

Wow hun, what a wee whopper!!! I don't know what to advise you to get - but good luck for monday :) can't wait to hear all about it and to see pics.
My friends SIL was left in labour with her wee boy for 24hrs and eventually they gave her a section, only to find out that he was 12lb9oz!! So it's good that they have it sorted for you already xx

My goodness, that's a big healthy baby :)
Best of luck for Monday!!

Oh wow you are a fabbie baby brewer!! What a size! Good luck on Monday, so exciting :) xxx

Good luck for Monday! What a cute little chubster u have there

Good luck! As already mentioned, big pants, leggings, slip on shoes, books/magazines, snakcs and pop.

I took my ipad and wireless dongle thingy and my hopsital didn't even bat an eyelid!

Good luck for monday Hun Xx

ah titch your advice made me laugh, especially about the lady garden!! ill keep it all in mind if i have to have a c section!! but i might have to say no no to big knickers lol !!!

FT90 good luck for monday xxx

Hey, I had a section two and a bit weeks ago and as it was an emergency section was totally unprepared!

Had to send OH out for big knickers lol (how nice for him) and also a nightie as my pjs sat right on my scar! The big knickers are soooo not me at all but OMG they're so comfy and you can't have anything sat on your scar....mine are just from George and were about £4 for a pack of 4...bargain!

Anyway HTH and best of luck for
Monday xxx

Sent from my nearly buggared iPhone!!

I agree big knickers and high waisted trousers are a must!
Also i would suggest getting some arnica tablets as it helps with the internal bruising which kicks in a couple of days after! And to me that was worse than the pain just after the section! And make sure you take it easy!
Also don't wait for the pain to take painkillers, take them when they offer them!
Good luck with it all hun you will be fantastic!
XxXxX

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

Blimey thats one big bubba!!!! :shock: great news they can fit u in monday :cheer:
good luck honey!!!

Best of luck for Monday hun!! xxx

Thanks ladies, I've just been and bought some arnica tablets and massive knickers, I had everything else already!

Went for my pre op consult and blood tests today and spoke to the anaesthetist as well. Had a bit of a lay down in the bit where i'll be staying after my section and its really nice! They have tvs where you can pay for a few days and watch tv, films on demand and use the internet! If I buy a bundle from them I get free landline calls as well whick is good :) the room was so hot and I wasn't feeling well so I was glad to get out of there!

That was until I slipped in the corridor and fell straight on my stomach! OH almost had a heart attack! Him and two other men had to try amd get me up off the floor. I'd smashed my knee and twisted my ankle so I couldn't move. They then took me in and monitored LO for an hour, and he's fine. Gave us a bit of a scare though! Id been so good all through my pregnancy so im annoyed I fell over!

Xx

ah titch your advice made me laugh, especially about the lady garden!! ill keep it all in mind if i have to have a c section!! but i might have to say no no to big knickers lol !!!

FT90 good luck for monday xxx

Its big pants or no pants! They cut right along the line where your normal pants elastic is. You won't be able to wear anything there until its healed. Hence high waisted leggings and dresses. Jeans are not an option!

Ft90, glad to hear you like the place, and really really glad your LO is alright after your fall! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back