Planned c sections when are they?

lrb

Reaction score
I have a low lying placent and have a scan in 2 weeks to see how that is and if there is any change, now I was under the impression and I'm pretty sure the sonographer told us this too that c section will be booked if one is needed two weeks before so 38 weeks! To stop going into natural labour and rupturing the placenta. After my app with midwife last week she seems to think its a couple days before due date but tbh I don't know who to believe as Midwife hasn't been the most helpful and hadn't been right on a diff occasion. Anyone having a planned c section or may even be for same reason as I might need one could tell me what they have been told please :)? Thanks

Last edited:
I would say couple of days before is leaving it a bit late, would have thought its prob more like 2 weeks hun x

Yeah you would think a midwife would know this tho!! I thought two weeks sounded more real, but this is the midwife who told me I would fully recover from a c section in one week and only stay in for one night in hospital if I had a c section!

Last edited:
Maybe ur case is different to other c sections they usually do them at 39 weeks here, but sounds like u could use urs sooner for sure!

* tapatalking from my bb *

I too have to go for a re-scan - have just changed health authrotiy and the one i'm with now re-scans at 32 weeks not 34.

I'm also assuming that they'll re-scan you again after this date to give it another chance to move?

I'm hoping if mine hasn't moved its only 1 week before due date!!

AJ's due date is the 1st April but I am booked for my c-section on the 23rd March. My hospital try to do it no earlier than 38 weeks. xx

This is my last scan, if it shows on this scan it's still low lying they will book me for c section, I thought they would monitor it and give me more scans but apparently if it's same at 34 weeks it won't move after that! 38 weeks seems normal and obviously in case it ruptures the earlier the better!
Thanks for replies girls! X

ooh hope my hospital elave it later than that...oitherwise I've only got 8 weeks left to organise myself...and my mum and dad are away on holiday until 2 weeks before my due date!

Keep fingers crossed that my placenta has shifted!!

I am having a 32 and 36 week growth scan so they will make a confirmed desicion then as the 23rd March is a temporary booking. My son was a c-section at 36 weeks. Not wanting to scare you or anything. :) lol

Really glad you asked this as I have a rescan for low lying placenta at 34 weeks. Hope it isn't 38 weeks as I don't finish work til I'm 37!!! lol. Also my parents live abroad and weren't coming back until 38 weeks!! Bloody hell, need to get bum in gear if this is the case... Had been saving several DVD box sets for my maternity leave as well - bummer!

Hi, I found out my placenta was still low at 34 weeks & am having a re scan on Weds when I'll be 36 weeks. If they do a c section at 38 weeks, which is what I thought too, I could have a baby in 2 weeks time! Eeek! Not even finished work yet! I will let you know what they say on weds tho as I'll have more idea then. Just wanna know now!

36!? Woah! Why was it 36?? X

Between 32 and 36 weeks he had only put on a few ozs and they felt my placenta wasn't working properly or feeding him enough. Thats why I am having the growth scans again this time at 32 and 36 weeks. Hoping it doesn't happen again!!

I would think they would give you a section at 38weeks, otherwise there is more of a chance of you going into natural labour. Hope you get a clearer answer from someone soon. xx

They don't like to do it before 38 weeks but my consultant wanted me to wait until 39 weeks, due to them being booked up I ended up waiting until I was 39+2!

Holy S**t...I am so not prepared for a baby in 8 weeks time...I know I finish at 33 weeks but I was planning on having at least 7 weeks to sort myself out, and then banking on baby being late!!

Bloody hell this being a parent thing is getting quite close!!

I'm hoping mine is at 38 weeks, SPD is worsing as days go on. Not walking today so if it is a c section I need the sooner the better after 37 weeks when babies cooked :) dreading a natural birth more than a c section!!

I had horrendous SPD and waiting until 39+2 was horrific, I could barely walk the last couple of weeks. turns out there was no muscle holding the little lady in as my uterus was so overstretched from previous pregnancies/c sections so that probably accounted for some of the pain. They did sweet fa for me with SPD!

God I had heard they tried moving things along quicker when u had SPD but Obvs not!! -great! I already have back n sacrum problems so this ain't helping! Although I think they help once past 40 weeks sooner with SPD than if u didn't for natural labours x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back