c sections

Tara & Liam

Reaction score
Hi

Anyone that has spoken to me knows that i have had two previous c sections and am having another in January.

i just wanted to ask if anybody has known of a time where the dad has been allowed to cut the cord during a c section birth.

cheers

xx

Hi Divina

I'm not sure but I think I've seen it on TV. I've watched a lot of birthing programmes so I may be confused :? but I think so.

Louise

Hi Davina

I can only go by what I was told at our Antenatal class which was that unfortunately with a C Section, Dad wouldn't be allowed to cut the cord due to the risk of infection - this is because your wound would still be open at the time.

It may come down to hospital policy though - what does your midwife say?

LBxx

I had a c-section too but we (hubby and I) were all over the show but he could have cut the cord if he wanted too, and my friend who had a c-section had her hubby cut the cord, you just have to ask in good time etc.

It will depend on hospital policies but make sure you ask!! If you don't ask you don't get!!

Put it in your birth plan too!!

Good luck!!

Hi

thanks for all your replies. i have a mw appointment next week and i shall be asking if it would be possible.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back