My Fertility Appt.... Secondary Infertility

Corrinne37

Reaction score
Hi Girls,
Just thought id post what happened at my fertility appt, should anyone else need to have this done.

I asked my dr to refer me after 2 MMC's and taking me 8/9 months to conceive.

Firstly I had to go through all my history.
I explained that I do already have a son who is 2 1/2 yrs old, and he contracted the group b strep virus when he was born.

The dr told me that it is possible that I still have some of the group b strep virus and that is causing the MMC's.!
I found this really interesting!!
So she took a swab to test this- if this turns out to be the case - why the hell do they not do a swab beforehand !!!

Anyway they are testing from all angles for me so very thorough -
I have to go for 21 day bloods, to test progesterone
2 - 5 day bloods - to test hormone levels FSH and LH or something!
I am having all my tubes checked
I am having a scan to check my ovaries and for fibroids etc

OH is having his semen tested too.

So anyway, my advice to anyone not sure what is going on with them , to push for tests.
I really did not have to push to hard, I just wasnt be fobbed off with only investigating after 3 MC's.

xxx

Last edited:
You think they would swab after wouldn't you . It took me ages and many appointments to get tested they just kept sayin everything was fine . All moving in the right direction for you x x x

its good things are getting checked, fx for sticky soon!

how do you have bloods done on day 21 of cycle if your cycle is so irregular that you havent a clue where in the cycle you are? glad you managed to get them to do everything - i have an apoointment with gp in a few weeks hoping i wont have to fight to get some tests done. good luck

FXed for all your tests. Hope you get some answers soon. x

how do you have bloods done on day 21 of cycle if your cycle is so irregular that you havent a clue where in the cycle you are? glad you managed to get them to do everything - i have an apoointment with gp in a few weeks hoping i wont have to fight to get some tests done. good luck

Depends on the GP. I couldnt figure out when I ov, even if I tried, as I have irregular cycles. GP wont test for day 21 bloods as its pointless.
Luckly I saw a lovely GP who I knew would help and understand. Were off back there (hopefully Friday) to see about being referred to the clinic as all tests have come back fine. x

Hi Girls,
Just thought id post what happened at my fertility appt, should anyone else need to have this done.

I asked my dr to refer me after 2 MMC's and taking me 8/9 months to conceive.

Firstly I had to go through all my history.
I explained that I do already have a son who is 2 1/2 yrs old, and he contracted the group b strep virus when he was born.

The dr told me that it is possible that I still have some of the group b strep virus and that is causing the MMC's.!
I found this really interesting!!
So she took a swab to test this- if this turns out to be the case - why the hell do they not do a swab beforehand !!!

Anyway they are testing from all angles for me so very thorough -
I have to go for 21 day bloods, to test progesterone
2 - 5 day bloods - to test hormone levels FSH and LH or something!
I am having all my tubes checked
I am having a scan to check my ovaries and for fibroids etc

OH is having his semen tested too.

So anyway, my advice to anyone not sure what is going on with them , to push for tests.
I really did not have to push to hard, I just wasnt be fobbed off with only investigating after 3 MC's.

xxx

I know we've already "spoken" on another thread but I just wanted to echo what I haev already said - at least action is now being taken and that you will have some answers in the not to distant future.

I know you find the idea of secondary infertility really horrible but if they can help you get pregnant and stay pregnant it will all be worth it.

I think taking action is always a good thing and I am sure 2012 will be your year sweetie

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back