My beautiful baby boy

Kate1985

Reaction score
Well after reading many journals and never getting round to a pregnancy journal, I thought I would start a parenting journal.

I'm Kate and I'm 27. I got married to Daniel on 21st December 2011 and started trying to conceive straight away. It took just a few user months and in april I got my bfp. Due date was given as 27th December at 12 week scan. We stayed team yellow as hard as this was.

Baby had different ideas and on 3rd November 2012 I began getting sharp pains in my stomach. Thinking this was braxton hicks I called up triage who advised a nice warm bath and to see if they settle down in a few hours. They didn't! I rang back and was advised to go in. Triage checked me over said my cervix was nt open and diagnosed a water infection. I was sent home with antibiotics. The pains got worse through the evening and I rang triage back at 9pm who told me water infections were bad especially in pregnancy so to ride it out and drink lots of water. The pains were excruciating but I managed to to this until 3am on the 4th November. I rang triage again who advised that I went in. O arrival an internal exam was carried out and I was told I was 4cm dilated and in preterm labour. I was only 32+3. I broke down and my dh ( who is extremely laid back) was his usual self and told me everything would be ok. I was petrified but had little choice at this point. At 6am I was given a steroid injection to strengthen babies lungs and some medication to stop the labour. This worked and I spent Sunday on delivery suite with not much happening. My dh waited until the second steroid injection at 6pm and I advised that he went home for some rest as we were both shattered. I had a bath and watched a bit of tv. By 9pm contractions had started again and I called dh to come back to the hospital. The pains got worse and worse and finally it was back to the delivery room, I was having my baby. I was not good in labour towards the end I screamed the place down worse than the women on obem. At 2:45am on 5/11/12 weighing 4lb 3oz by beautiful son Harry Daniel was born. I was allowed a quick look before he was rushed off to scbu. He was born at 32+ 4.

Harry spent 3 weeks in scbu. This was the hardest 3 weeks of my life. Watching other people take calf your baby and doing things you should be doing crushed me. I had to ask permission to hold him and got about 2 cuddles a day. He was in and our of the incubator for jaundice and it felt like we were constantly taking steps backwards. The NKG thing that got me through it was looking at other parents and babies in there that made me appreciate how lucky we were and that there were people in there who were not as lucky and would spend even longer in there then we would.

Feeding Harry has been my biggest stress. I expressed while he was in hospital and managed to keep up. Harry was too small to latch and I got told he would probably struggle until he was a least at 36 weeks. I continued to try regularly and had a lot of support from the peer supporters in hospital. We were out of hospital when he reached 36 weeks and I think I just expected it to happen then but obviously it didn't. After a lot of stress and visit to the peer supporters Harry was diagnosed with tongue tie ( this was the second time as he had already hadit cut in hospital!) we finally got the tongue tie cut on December 18th. By this point I was still expressing but couldn't keep up with his demands and having to use formula to top him up. I was extremely stressed and expressing was ruling my life. I was not enjoying my baby boy as much as I should be.

Again after the tongue tie I assumed it would just work and he would latch on, but he didn't. Now I'm using nipple shields and feeding him myself with just one formula bottle at bedtime. I hoping to ween him off shields in the new year with support. He's a very hungry baby but also very sleepy. I love him immensely. H has completely changed my life but for the better. I'm a teacher and have always been a career woman, now the thought of returning to work crushes me.

If you have managed to read this far well done! Thank you for taking the time to read it and I look forward to writing Harry's progress on here. Will post a picture in a short while. Xxx

Kate your baby boy is gorgeous! Well done for now managing to feed yourself! It is so rewarding when you see them gaining weight :)
Enjoy your little man they grow so quickly x

Yay to starting a journal hun!

I know how important being able to feed Harry was to you so I am glad your perserverence paid off.

I look forward to sharing Harry's journey!

xxxxxxxx

So today is not a bad day although having a few stresses agin related to feeding. Surprise surprise! Harry is constantly feeding at the moment and when he's not feeding he's crying or sleeping! H isn't awake much to be honest and this worries me. Anyways I'm nt sure if he's having a growth spurt so feeding lots, whether he's cluster feeding to build up my crap supply or if he simply isn't getting enough from e and is starving marvin! So may times I think just call it a day and ff feed him but then if I do that the last 8 weeks of stress have been for nothing. I've come this far so I should probably persevere. I just hate not knowing if I'm providing enough food for him or if I'm actually not benefiting him at all from bfing and am infact starving my poor son xxxx

Hi hun...lovely to see a journal :) ur little man is so cute and got goosebumps reading your first post! So glad you and your little man are okay! xxx

Thanks Melly! Can't wait to see you in this section!! Hopefully not long now xxxx

So Harry has his 8 week check today and first lot of jabs :( not looking forward to it but have my mum coming for support xxx

Since his jabs Harry has been very upset and grouchy. Hoping it won't last much longer :( he's fed constantly today too with no break xx

Hello! Harry is adorable! Congratulations and I hope your wee man settles for you soon. The early days are hard but all of a sudden something clicks and they become proper little people who do things to amaze us on a daily basis!

Jags can be a little unsettling, he'll hopefully waken up tomorrow happy and smiley again. Xxxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk-its rubbish tho so can't see tickers or upload pics!

So today was hard. Harry went to grandads while I went to work. I missed him like mad and have no idea how I will Coe going back full time. I can't get over how much I love him. Also had the first smile on the 10th Jan! Worth he wait. He's amazing xxxx

I have a huge amount of admiration for you for perservering and managing to BF!! It didn't work out for us, but ladies like you give me a huge amount of inspiration, so for that thank you :) :hug:

He's lovely!! I suppose he sleeps so much as he has some catching upto do :) xxx

PS- love the santa babygro, we have it too!

Thanks baby em. I was tempted to give up so many times to be fair. You obv made the right decision for you and lexi-mai and by the looks of your pictures, she's thriving xxxx

So got weighed today. At 10 weeks he's 9lb. I feel really sad about him getting bigger xxxx

I can't believe I've just seen this journal!

Harry is beautiful :love:

You are doing so well with feeding, well done! x

Thanks tweety :) what's happening to our tiny baby boys though!!

You should be very proud of yourself hun!

He is growing so well and he is just adorable

xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back