My 5 Year Old Daugher - Advice Needed

flexilexi394

Reaction score
I wonder if there's anyone that can help me with a problem?

My DD has just turned 5, she started infant school September just gone.

Since starting school, she is coming home having wet herself at school. At first it wasn't that bad, just damp knickers, but the last few weeks it is FULL ON like running down her legs, filling her shoes, her white socks are yellow, etc.

The teacher actually pulled me up on it today, she said S leaves puddles on the carpet and on chairs more than once a day. I actually have no clue what to do!

She was a dream to potty train, has never ever wet the bed, she gets up with no problem in the middle of the night to use the toilet, its mainly at school. She does sometimes have small accidents when playing at home but never the amount it seems to be at school.

Has anyone had similar problems? Her teacher said they will frequently ask her to use the toilet in the meantime, and they will also be getting in touch with the school nurse.

I don't know whether maybe its an infection? Would she complain it hurts if it was?

Any answers welcomed! Thanks in advance xx

Do they make them ask permission to use the school toilets? Do they make them wait til break or lunch times? Have you tried asking her why she's not going to the toilet? Mine would hold it all day as he said the school toilets were nasty! :roll:

Could it be an issue like that?

I would start by asking her why she's started having accidents, and see what she says.

Do they make them ask permission to use the school toilets? Do they make them wait til break or lunch times? Have you tried asking her why she's not going to the toilet? Mine would hold it all day as he said the school toilets were nasty! :roll:

Could it be an issue like that?

I would start by asking her why she's started having accidents, and see what she says.

Thank you for replying.... I have spoken to her and she goes bright red and doesn't want to talk about it. Apparently, the teacher asks them frequently if they want to go to the toilet and yes they have to ask if they need to go any other time but as far as I know they do ask if they need to go during lesson time and stuff.

My issue with it is she will happily go for a poo every day at school so she isn't scared of using the toilets especially for a poo! I hope the school nurse has some answers x

Aw wee lamb. I was thinking maybe she was scared of/didn't like the school toilets. My wee boy will happily pee in the urinal but won't go into the cubicle because a girl in his class got locked inside once. Hence no poo's in school for him! But if she will use it for a poo it can't be that. Hope the nurse has some suggestions for you x

Thank you, I do think maybe it is being lazy because she goes happily at home - very rare for an accident to happen at home unless she's engrossed in playing ... I think they tell you how to use reward charts and stuff but I don't know how I'll work that if it's always at school. I had a word with her before she went to school yesterday and asked her to be a really good girl and go to the toilet. Her dad picked her up so I have no idea if she was dry or not xx

I think the fact its just at school there's not anything medically wrong. It could be that she's just so engrossed in school or playing that she forgets! I'd definitely ask the school to start a wee reward chart with her, she gets a wee sticker on her chart for every day she's dry then the end of the week she gets to pick a treat? Even if its just a pack of buttons and wee magazine? We've done this for my son at school (for other reasons) but it's really effective. Definitely get the school nurse involved too for some reassurance! Hope it's jut a little phase :) xx

Thank you very much! Yes I agree it's not medical at all I just wanted some advice from the nurse to be honest - I'm about to pick her up to see how she's got on today xx

My 5 year old was the same! Any time something big changes its the same thing. Luckily she just stopped. I hope S gets more settled soon. You just have to remember it is such a huge change for her x

Thank you, I did hope it would be something like this that was why she was doing it. I've picked her up today and she's dry! Yay! I hope she can keep it up! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back