mummy or daddys boy/girl

ashtonsmum

Reaction score
hey all this may sound so silly but i have a 14month old son and from day 1 hes been such a major mummys boy i LOVE it cos im guaranteed my time with him when other people are round like my husbands parents r from england so they come stay weekends with us and they try take him away from me the whole time but hes too much of a mummys boy and cries when he doesnt see me so i love it just wondered though with this baby i dont know if its a boy or girl but i really hope its another mummys boy/girl again cos i love getting the time with them and being their number 1, dont get me wrong my son thinks my husbands the best person ever and loves him but he still wants mummy.

so basically anyone with kids already are they mummys boy/girl or daddys or neither? and anyone pregnant with first what would u like?

i know u cant decide for them but jus in general out of curiousity haha x

Both my girls are mummy's girls, i think its more due to the fact i was there all the way through and their father wasn't so if they ever needed anything or hurt themselves i was always the one there.

i wanted a girl cuz OH really wanted an daddys girl which i wouldnt have minded.. but.. we are having a boy and i know that OH will be more strikt on a boy so he will def be mummys boy, and i dont mind. I want him to be now. x

Laceys a daddys girl!! I think it's cos he works away she hardly sees him!!

Boys do tend to be mummy's boys and vice versa for girls and their dads.

My eldest hasn't had a choice really, his father was in and out of his life for the first 5 years and hasn't seen him since so he's obviously very close to me. My youngest is such a mummys boy it's unreal! As soon as he was born I could feel that strong bond.. When I used to feed him he would not keep his eyes off me! He's still the same now.. He's only 7 and he hates upsetting me..it's so sweet how sentimental he is.

I was kinda hoping for a girl this time as my husband wanted the closeness I felt with our son ( he was and is close to him but it's always me he comes to more) but as it happens we're having another boy but hubby wants to be actively involved from day one so he can have that closeness he craves.

Last edited:
Mine are all mummys kids, I think like someone said already - from the time I put in with them where my husband doesn't so much. When he got made redundant when youngest was 3 , I gave up my night job and I went back to full time days and he took over as house hubby. I did find then after a while I would get called daddy automatically when I was there if they needed something, and they needed him more, and god it felt awful! I got over it and the kids adjusted more and panic over , but ti does make a difference.
My girl is still a mummys girl which is great

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back