MRI worries

Sparklegirl

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have just joined so not quite sure how everything works around here. I have done an introductory thread about myself so this is my first 'proper' one.

As my title suggests, I am due to have an MRI next week on my pelvis. We wont be trying before then (we are WTT currently) but is there any reason for me to worry? Can MRIs cause any sort of problems at all when we do start to actively try?

I think I am just so nervous because have some strange period problems which the doctor isnt too sure about so I am fearful that we might not be lucky at all. I am 34 so worried about my age going against me

My parents tried for 19 years to conceive and mum suffered with PE so we were both in hospital a long time. I was a couple of months prem and we both almost died. With these horror stories I am terrified we either wont be successful in getting pregnant, or there is a higher chance of miscarriage

Trying to stay positive, I have been taking folic acid for about 18 months and we might be looking to start TTC as early as this month possibly on my husbands birthday

Last edited:
I've just saw this, How did your MRI go?

Thanks for asking! It went a bit like a farce to be honest! My letter specified it was to be a pelvic scan and that was what the consultant told me it would be. When I got there I asked if the scan would show up any gynae problems I am suffering from and she said no.

Apparently they were doing a spinal one and when I told her I have already had a lumbar MRI done a couple of months ago I got no reply.

It was as horrible as always and I cant get an appointment for my results until 7th April so I am no further forward and the only glimmer of hope for me was that it might also help me with why my periods are so messed up. Sadly that is not happening now :( but who knows a miracle might happen and they might be able to find out whats happening with my back

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back