MRI scan on 29th April **Update**

VickyClare

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

After having blood tests that have come back negative, I had a transvaginal scan that showed that I might have a heart shaped uterus (split uterus, bicornuate uterus/womb) We saw our consultant on 25th March and he has made an appointment for me to have a MRI scan to check how my uterus is split. He marked it "Urgent" due to the fact that I'm 38 and have suffered many miscarriages.

I'm so pleased that we have an appointment for the 29th April. I can't believe how quickly he has managed to get me to see someone.

Of course I'm a bit unsure as I may need an operation (depending of what sort of split my uterus has) but in a way I'm relieved to as we now know what caused us to lose our babies and we're really hoping that we will go on to have our rainbow baby.

One minute I'm feeling optimistic and the next I'm crying my eyes out for our daughter and son that we have lost.

Just thought I'd I'd keep you updated.

Love to all and loads of :hugs::hugs: xxxxx

Last edited:
Good news that you are seeing someone so quickly! Its all steps closer to your rainbow baby! Big hug! Xxx

That's great news. I hope you get a good result. I was watching a vid on YouTube about a woman with a split uterus it was really interesting. I think she went on to have a baby not long after the op.

Hi VickyClare I'm glad your consultant is on top of things and that you will get more answers this month, FX its the first step on you having your rainbow baby. (I read Mary Berry' autobiography at Christmas she also had a split uterus and after the operation went on to have 3 healthy children x)

Hi vickyclare,
I've copied the text below from a post on the baby centre rmc board. The lady had a bicornate uterus but was referred to st Mary's. I read it and thought of you- may it give you some hope at the end of a tunnel.
On my first visit I was told that I infact had a septate uterus not bicornuate which needed operating on. I had the operation and fell pregnant 3 months later. This turned out to be my lucky number 7, my rainbow baby, my happy ending.
Please don't give up ladies. It was the hardest 3 years of my life and I had some really low days, but I got there in the end. Stay strong

Thanks everyone :hugs:

Well I thought that my MRI scan was on 29th April but it turns out that its for another ultrasound (I have to have no fat intake before this one though, anyone know what that's all about)?

I had another letter which is for my MRI scan and its earlier, on 23rd :) which is even better. Can't wait to find out whats going on down there lol

Love to all xxxxx

Glad they r trying to work it out for u Hun and that u get ur rainbow baby in the end sending u lots of hugs x

Hi all :)

I had my MRI scan as planned on 23rd. I did try and get some info off the sonographer (not sure what they call the people who do MRI's lol) but he said they can't give any details. Oh well, I had to try lol.

I have my abdominal ultrasound on 29th so hoping in a few weeks we will be seeing our consultant again for yet more results. I just hope all these tests aren't going to be in vain and they can maybe operate. Obviously I'm hoping that a stitch in my next pregnancy will be enough but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to become a mommy.

Just thought I'd keep you up to date xxxx

Hi VickyClare, I am sure they will be able to sort it for you, ususally the biggest problem is diagnosing problem. FX that you get your sticky baby bean soon xx

Hi, I hope all went well with the MRI last week and the scan this week x

Thank you :hugs:

I had my abdominal scan on 29th and everything appears normal. I asked why they needed to do this scan, because kidneys etc are nothing to do with reproduction or carrying a baby. They explained that as I have a "cleft" in my uterus that in some cases this can go straight down my body. For example my kidneys may be more to one side or squashed. So I'm happy that everything looked normal.

I'm really hoping that when I see my consultant that he will say that having a stitch in my next pregnancy should be enough for me carry my baby long enough for it to survive and be healthy. I am prepared to have an operation to repair my split uterus but after going 23.2 weeks with Rebecca then I'm hoping that won't be the case.

Fingers crossed we will have some good results and soon.

Thanks again for your messages xxxxx

Last edited:
I really hope that you get good news, it sounds promising so far!
You've been incredibly brave and determined so I just know you'll be a fab mummy xxx

Really hope they've got some good news from the MRI! xx

Hi again everyone,

We have had the results of my MRI and it says that "There is no clear evidence of a septate or an abnormal uterus" :dance:

Obviously we're over the moon with the news, I just wish the sonographer hadn't said anything as she was wrong, all that heartache and stress for nothing. Now I understand why they don't normally give you any information at the time.

My oh says "we can try again now" I'm scared to death tbh though I'm excited too. We've decided to wait to have the results of my last ultrasound beforehand.

Looks like I'll be back in the "Trying to conceive" forum again very soon :dance:

Love to all xxxx

Last edited:
Great news Vicky! So will they pop a stitch in as early as possible in future? Xx

Hi Meg, yeah they will put a stitch in at 14/16 weeks. Just going to get my OPK's out lol

Hope you're doing ok? Xxx:hugs:

Wishing you all the luck in the world Vicky. I'm sure you will have your forever baby soon - with 2 beautiful angels looking over them. Take care Hun xx

I'm doing okay Vicky, still on the tcc rollercoaster. Trying to stay relaxed about it all :)

That's good news!! The MRI would be more accurate than the US wouldn't it? Xx

That's great news Vicky got my fingers crossed u don't have to wait long and u get ur rainbow baby xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back