MC - empty uterus - confused

frances2009

Reaction score
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone has been through a similar thing?

I was 8+5 weeks pregnant and started to bleed on Sat. Went to A&E and had an internal examination which showed cervix still closed. Sent home and told to go back for a scan on Monday. Anyway bleeding got worse throughout night and had some period type pain. Went back to the hospital Sun and the doctor did another internal exam but this time he removed some "tissue" and confirmed I had mc.

Had my scan today which showed that my uterus was completely empty, nothing there at all. My hcg levels were over 6000.

I'm just a bit confused about how I can mc at nearly 9 weeks and not really pass anything? I've just been bleeding, no clots or anything. I don't think the doctor removed very much when he did the internal exam.

They did more blood tests which showed my hcg has dropped to 1700.
Has anyone experienced this?

I'm just assuming the mc is complete and that is why my uterus empty but just strange that I've only been bleeding and not passed anything.

Sorry for rambling, guess I should just put it behind me and move on.

Im sorry for your loss honey! Its the most horrible experience to ever go through! Take care of yourself!

Sl sorry for your loss. A mc can happen without c lots. I hope next Tim everything will go perfect :hug:

sorry honey! i went through the same thing on Saturday. Although the didnt examine me at all at a&e, i have an appointment a the early pregnancy clinic on friday - i think il be in the same boat as you. It is really hard! So sorry!! Take care!

So sorry to hear more bad news Frances and Robyn!

There are no words - just make sure you both keep healthy.

xxxxxxxxxxx

I had the same thing happen a year ago, had some brown blood loss at 10 weeks pg ,when I went for a scan it showed an empty sac. It's called a blighted ovum, basically the egg gets re-absorbed back into the lining of the womb very early on in the pregnancy, but the body fails to realise what has happened right away so you still continue to get pregnancy symptoms. (The placenta is what actually produces the hormones rather than the egg apparently). I hadn't heard of it till it happened to me but apparently it is quite common. So upsetting, as you can go weeks before realising what has happened. :sad: So sorry for your loss, please know though that you will still be able to go on and have a healthy baby x x

I'm so sorry hun for your loss. I am going through this as well at the moment. your not alone and if there's anything you need just ask hun.

The thing i just want for now is closure and to try and move on with my life, it's hard I ve accepted there is no baby but i keep thinking iam still pregnant, thats the hardest part!! I hope my hormones level drop soon..

If you need anything just ask XX

I had a mc at 8 weeks a while a ago. When I started bleeding like u I had a scan and they saw the sac. Then a week later I had a scan and sac has gone :( I had light period cramps which turned into a period type bleeding. I never knew when it's actually 'happened' although did get some clots but I do hope u are ok and manage to get some answers xxx

so so sorry to heer this, all you ladies suffering an mc at the moment, so hard esp at xmas xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back