moving house... but been a bit silly!

cherelle

Reaction score
Im moving house next week :dance:

The reason me and OH planned on moving out of our flat is because its on the third floor with no lift and we knew it would be hard for me with the baby etc.

...But the flat we found that we both fell in love with is a first floor apartment so i will still have one flight of stairs to contend with!! lol

We just couldnt turn this flat down as we got a great price and its massive - 2 huge bedrooms, his and hers bathrooms, a gorgeous big balcony over the river etc etc is like a dream home for me!

Anyway - i wondered - has anyone brought up a baby in a flat or somewhere with stairs? I dont know how much it will matter really? x

Sorry hun I have no help to give on this one I have always lived in a house. Just wanted to congratulate you both on your new dream home - sounds lovely! xxx

aww thanks :) we were looking for a house too! just couldnt resist this place! x

My best friend bought her child up in a first floor flat from birth, it really wasn't that bad! My cousin lives on the 2 bs floor with a 3 year old an a 1 year old and they manage fine too. It sounds lovely! X

Obviously a house is better but I think one flight of stairs is manageable - will keep you fit anyway! You can always take empty buggy down first then bring baby down....I'll probably be facing the same problem when I move as I'm asking for first floor flats just because I live on an estate and ground floor get broken into more often! x

I live in a first floor cottage flat, which basically is a 4 in a block set of flats. I'm in the upper flat so I have a set of stairs. My plan is to keep most of the pram in the car instead of having to get it up and downstairs everyday. We want a house but the way the Market is just now we can't put it up for sale xx

I live on top of a mahosive hill, that has steps to even get to the road, if I walk anywhere - which I do quite a lot. When I get to the top, I can see straight across to the moors, and am about the same level as one of the tors! I then have around 20 steps to get up to my flat, then inside the communal hallway, a set of stairs to go down!
It keeps me fit, so I cant complain, am thinking bout keeping the pram down in our garage on road level. The people we bought from had a newborn and a toddler, so sure its fine.
Your new place sounds very managable!!!
x

We have one flight of stairs as well to contend with as well. I'm thinking we'll probably just keep a small, basic stroller in the car and then keep the more heavy duty one inside and bring it down when need be. If I can lug my bike up and down those stairs, I'm thinking I'll manage the stroller fine :)

I'm on the 3rd floor hun, with about 6 flights of stairs up to the flat.
It can be done, but you've gotta have the effort! xx

I live in a 1st floor flat :)
Its really not that bad. There is no room at front door to keep anything, so pram/buggy cant be kept there. I carry it up and down folded then AJ or when OH gives me a hand (when in) AJ is in it.

It does keep you fit, I'm always running back upstairs for something I've forgotten!

thanks everyone, im feeling reassured now and can look forward to moving!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back