Moving a back to back baby

bizzygirl101

Reaction score
Hi

Just come back from midwife appt and my baby has suddenly gone back to back :shock:

Does anyone have any advice/ tips for turning a back to back baby? I know i have time, i just wondered if anyone had had any particular success with a certain method.

I dont want my labour to be any more painful than necessary! :wall:

Hi

I dont know hun but good lucki hope LO turns for you hun
:hug: Katrina

*saulino* said:
Hi

I dont know hun but good lucki hope LO turns for you hun
:hug: Katrina

Thanks Katrina, feel a bit upset, which is silly, as it could be much worst, but everthing was going so swimmingly

Hi

aww hun its normal to feel upset , you just want everything to go smoothly and no complications . wish you all the best
Katrinaxx

i had this problem...right heres how to turn baby.....

*dont sit on the sofa as it causes you to slouch which makes a back to back position comfy for baby.

*dont slouch/lie on ur back in bed lie on ur left side for as long as possible wlile sleeping my midwife said it gives baby less room and will help it move.

* instead of sitting on the sofa, sit on a dining chair the wrong way round (facing the back rest if u get me - u may need a pillow to rest bump on. this also gives baby less room and forces it to move.

*sit on a gym/birthing ball with knees wider than pelives, sit up right and move around on ball it helps baby move and also to engage better, also helps the back ache frm babby being back to back.

*spend time 5 mins on all fours on the floor gently rocking as this will also help baby get uncomfy in back to back position.

i know its alot to do , and YES it does mean avoiding the sofa al evening/day etc but i was told my baby was back to back on a monday and the monday afer he had moved. so i could sit on the sofa again but very very upright!!!!!

i also found my baby went back to back for more room as he was an unexpected 10lbs 14.5oz at birth :shock: but i got him to get i nthe right position by doing the above...good luck let me know if babs moves 4 u :hug:

oooh thanks Rhian, will try all of those, i do have a birth ball as well but havnt been on it much.

Have to admit my sofa is poo and i have woken up a couple of times in the night on my back recently!

Thats it i am on a mission now - turn baby turn!
i am on maternity leave as of monday, so will keep you posted as will probably spend even more time on the forum!

thought i would butt in! My LO was back to back also, turned that way in last week...i was advised to have an epidural (for various reason) very glad i did now! However, he did turn right at the crutial moment but i tried so hard in the last week to get him facing properly...i can only agree with the above comment even though they didnt work for me - doesnt mean it wont for you! Good luck!

glad i could help you - my midwife said the sofa was a big cause for baby to go back to back as u tend to slouch. another tip is to keep ur pelvis tilted higher than ur knees -imagine sitting on a pile of pillows with a straight back. hint the fact they tell u to use birthing ball/dinig chair cuz ur pelvis is higher than ur kness. musty keep ur pelvis higher than ur kness hun. it will make baba uncomfy......let me know how it goes. ohhhhh and my baby got back to back in the last few weeks of prgncy and even tho he was very very big i still got him to move.....keep at it will keep fingers crossed xxxx

Thanks ladies :hug: :hug:

Unless i notice myself, have a midwifian appt on thursday so will post an update then

i birthed with her back to back.. 1st labour and i was only in true labour.. or active as thay call it for 4 hrs.. and pushing for 20 mins..from 1st contraction it was 18 hrs..so if the baby is still back to back please try not to stress out.. you can still birth.. the baby will turn itself as it comes through the birth canal..

My first dd was back to back and I gave birth naturally without trying to turn her beforehand.... the only difference I found was that all my contractions were felt in my back and none at all in my stomach.
Please don't worry as a back to back baby is NOT a problem!! Good luck xx

thanks for the reassurance, it has put my mind at rest, i will try and turn baby, but if i dont i wont resign myself to agony!

I had written in my birth plan that unless i am induced or the baby is back to back i dont want an epidrural, but it is really good to know that others have delivered back to back babies without suffering more than the usual.

my poor butt is already suffering from sitting on the dining room chair all night and my wrists really hurt from rocking on all fours, then my wonderful OH woke me up in the night as i had rolled over onto my RIGHT hand side! Bless him, i had actually asked him to do this, but wasnt impressed at the time :rotfl:

Just to add that I delivered my dd who was back to back with gas and air..... if it was really any harder then i can assure you I wouldn't have done it with that alone!!!!!

On a positive note my son was birthed back to back and because he came out face up I was the first person he saw and I saw him looking up at me :dance: . The most incredible and wonderful experience of my life and I wouldn't change a thing. By the way I only had gas & air and coped fine so try not to stress out :hug:

Just wanted to post that my baby has moved! It is now curled round with back to my left hand side! facing my right hip :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Hurrar! i am now much more chilled out and excited but i am still keeping up my vigerous posture and excercise routine just incase it wants to move again!

come - bring on labor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back