help needed back to back baby

Geordie&Bairn

Reaction score
Im 39+4 and just seen my mid wife and Collier has gone back to back :(

Iam now deeply worried about back to back labour :(

Have any of you ladies had a back to back labour? and dont hold back i need to know and be prepared tell me honestly was it has horrible as i ve heard even my anti-natal lady mentined that its increadble painful.

Also was your baby back to back then turned at the last minute ie when you went into labour?

I know he could still turn and hes still only 2/5 engaged so ive proberly got till 42 weeks so he can turn
:roll: :lol:

Thank you for sharing your experiances with me :hug: :wave:

spend time as much as poss on your hands and knees. Thats what I was told. I didn't listen. I didn't have a particularly long labour but the pain in my back was constant but I have no other labour to compare it too so don't know if it was more painful etc :hug:

dont worry chick baby is still moving around loads at this stage and could turn at anytime- Hayden was back to back and turned just before i pushed him out- little monkey!

they can do lots to turn bubba if it hasn't moved on time so i wouldn't be overly worried- apparantly to help him get in postion you shouldn't sit with your knees higher than your tummy- theres a little bit about it in my pregnancy book i'll go look it up!

edit: also in labour i don't think i got much pain in my back but it was running down the front of my legs where the midwife said he was pressing a nerve from being back to back- but as has been said i have nothing to compare this too- so don't know if it was more painful or not!

Josh was back to back and turned on the way out :D

unless youve been in labour before you'll ahve no idea if its more or less painfull then normal ! leland was back to back too and i still done it with no pain releif

Thank you ladies :hug:
it may look like im making more of this then it is but i cant help it i am so scared now of labour i wasnt beofre but all ive heard of back to back labours is horror stories of worse then normal pain and having to use the vontoes or forceps

im sorry if im being pathetic but im worried yes there are a lot worse things i could have wrong :oops: but it dosnt stop me being concerned about the baby and for myself

I had a back to back labour and it is really painful. However, I got an epidural pretty quickly and that took all the pain away. I would recommend it if the pain gets really bad. It was a godsend.

OK ive decided to get a back bone...... oh i make myself laugh :roll: :rotfl:

BRING IT ON PAIN : :dance: shakehead: :shakehead:

Ive got it lucky compered to what other ladies have had to go through a little bit of back pain PAAA i laugh in the face of back pain come and get me im hard enough to take you :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

geordie lass said:
OK ive decided to get a back bone...... oh i make myself laugh :roll: :rotfl:

BRING IT ON PAIN : :dance: shakehead: :shakehead:

Ive got it lucky compered to what other ladies have had to go through a little bit of back pain PAAA i laugh in the face of back pain come and get me im hard enough to take you :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

hehe, go you, fight that pain!

But remember that an epidural can be used :) my sister swears by them! lol.
xxxx

i had a back to back labour with logan, i didnt know he was back to back till labour started, he was in the correct position at my last check up 3 weeks before :doh:

it was twice as long than my first labour (27 hours from the first contraction!) and much more painful. At one point it was hell and i started wishing for an epi! at that stage the back pain was constant and worse than the contractions (sorry, u said u wanted honesty!)

i still loved it though, i managed with just tens, the birthing pool and gas n air. getting into the pool the back pain disappeared! :dance: overall it was a much better experience than my first labour where i had pethidine, it was trully amazing and in a way im sad i'll never experience labour again (OH says no more kids)

dont worry, collier may still turn, spent time on all fours and sitting on a birth ball, that will help him turn :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

My advice: get on your hands and knees now and dont change position until baba is here!

Jake was back to back and the pain was worse than I could have ever imagined or even describe! He did turn on his way down the birth canal but it he strung it out for 32 hours

I had an epidural and it was just ahhhhh.... lovely :D

A friend of mine had back to back - she did say it was painful - but Sarah - you wont have anything to compare it too!! So for you the pain will be "normal"!!

Try not to dwell on it too much and if you need it, then you can have an epidural!!!

Try and spend as much time on your hands and knees as you can
:hug: :hug: :hug:

:wink: :wink:
If i combine being on my knees as much as possible and james helping me out with starting labour as much as possible :wink: :wink: i think i may like this idea

OH James making love helps move the baby of my back :rotfl: :rotfl: :cheer:

I had a back to back labour, but he was my first so I don't know if it was more or less painful than a normal labour. I didn't even realise he was back to back until the midwife mentioned it towards the end, and the only thing I noticed was that I had an uncontrollable urge to be on all fours during contraction (which is where the birthing pool was fantastic because I could easily move around). I don't know if that's what helped to turn him, but he did turn just before he was born.

slightly off topic..but aww kelly your little man is so cute!! bless :)

please don't worry sweetie- babba will probably turn and to be honest
i didn't have any pain in my back when i was in labour and he was back to back right to the last second- you won't know any different because its your first aswell so just don't get worked up- remember positive mental attitude..every labour is different and ppl have different thresholds so be strong and think of the end result..its worth every milisecond of pain :hug: :hug:

Isaac was backtoback but up to 7cm, naturally, I was fine, I just had all the discomfort in my back, but co-codamols helped ease that :D However, my labour lasted for a few days and so I was drip induced in the end and the pain became quite bad, which lead to an epidural, then forceps and episiotimy for delivery.

I have nothing to compare it to, believe all labours are different, so just try not to think about it until birthday, some backtoback babies are born with no more discomfort than a best positioned baby, you will be fine :hug: :hug: :hug:

both of mine were back to back can't tell you if its more painful :lol: :lol: I was told its down to pelvis shape :roll:

oh and i tried to get harry to turn but no luck!

I had a B2B labour, but she corkscrewed out. The pains were all in my back, and they were bad, but not unmanageable. I had no pain relief for most of my labour and just gas and air towards the end. I haven't had a normal labour, but my Mum has had both and siad B2B was worse - but honestly don't worry. there is lime to turn, and if not, it still wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

Mason was B2B and I was in labour for 24 hours, contracting every 5 mins :evil:

It was more painful than my other labours I think, but it was more the length of time I was in labour for which made it worse.
Brody & Riley were bth in a good position and I progressed A LOT faster!

I would honestly spend as much time as poss on all fours, or leaning over a birthing ball.
When sitting lean forward and even go swimming if you can (and do front crawl)

Austin was back to back quite late on so I spent every minute I could leaning on my birth ball (I found it more comfy than being on hands and knees) and he was in the perfect position by my due date.

Stop slouching :wink: and lean fowards an much as you can and he may still turn.

And I hate to say it but labour's likely to be the worst pain you've experienced to date no matter what position he's in so you won't notice if it's worse than 'normal'!

You'll do great :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back