help needed back to back baby

My baby was back to back until half way through labour then turned. It was my first labour and I totally panicked when I found out the position of little Isla but she turned before I had to push. I honestly didn't find the whole experience bad at all, infact I have really fond memories of labour and the birth. I managed fine until I was seven cm dialated, it was like bad period cramps and constant niggling pain (but totally manageable) round my back. At the point the contractions became stronger I got diamorphine and then an epidural and didn't feel any pain from that point and I managed to push little Isla out without any assistance. Very dignified and positive experience and I wouldn't even consider not having an epidural again. Why be a martyr I say! Fair enough you cant move off the bed and your legs are a bit wobbly for a bit afterwards, but seriously who would wish for the alternative? And all I wanted to do afterwards was look at my baby and sleep afterwards, not go for a walk!

Please don't worry, that will make everything worse. Chances are the baby will turn as mine did, and even if s/he doesn't there is plenty of pain relief available and don't be afraid to ask for it!

id look at it this way. its going to hurt no matter what way your baby is. Kyran turned about 24hrs into my labour. It was agony before that and the only difference i noticed when he was back to back was that the contractions came in my back. yes it bloody hurt but it was just as hurtful having normal contractions.

You'll be absolutely fine :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back