Mothers of bottle fed babies...Help!!

hearts81

Reaction score
Hiya,

How do you change a baby onto milk from a beaker/cup rather than milk from a bottle? I've been trying for weeks but Reece refuses to drink his milk if its in a beaker. He throws it and screams till I get a bottle, it's driving me insane :( I've heard that its best for babies to stop drinking milk out of a bottle after 1 year old. Is this right?

Also he still loves his milk and is drinking nearly 2 pints in 24 hours, is this way too much? Is it harming him?

Hi, I know I'm not a Mum yet but I thought I'd tell you about my friends little girl. She was still drinking formula from her bottle until 18 months and wanted more milk than food. My friend was so worried but the doc told her that the milk still provided a lot of nutrients and to encourage her to eat foods she likes and she'd grow out of the bottle and she did and then went straight onto drinking out of a regular cup. She is nearly two now and exactly the same as any other kids her age though she is a little small.

I hope this is a little reassuring :D

Damien doesn't like a beaker really, he only likes bottles or a proper cup (which is not easy work!). Don't worry too much hun if he won't take it, forcing won't change anything. Will he take juice out of it??
I know a few kids who still drinks lots of milk after 1 and still from a bottle. Don't worry, go with Reece babe xxx

joshua will only drink milk out of a bottle 7 out of 10 times.

we cut back on his milk when he was 18months as he wouldnt eat

hi, ryan doesnt drink milk out of a beaker, i thought it was juice that had to be given in a beaker and not a bottle?
he still has his morning and bed bottle and he's 13 months nearly now.
i dont think you should worry to much about it as they change their minds about whats best so much!!
you should just listen to your baby and what suits your needs as a family

Lydia still drinks milk from a bottle. She drinks water from a beaker but she doesn't seem to like her milk being in anything other than a bottle. I've been wondering the same thing about how to get her off bottles.

iv been told by my doc not to put B on a beaker till hes at least a yr
as he was getting severe wind from it bless him

Thanks for your replies everyone :D

Still cant get Reece to drink his milk out of anything else but a bottle but it sounds like I'm worrying about nothing really.

He does drink juice and water out of a beaker so there's no problem with him and cups. Maybe the bottle is just a comfort thing too?!! :?

jessica is 2 and still take 2 bottles of milk a day. She can drink from a cup but will not drink milk fromit. Im not too concerned, Im sure like many others things, she will give it up when she is ready.

Dont worry, its just them asserting themselves :D

yeah, we got it a couple of weeks ago and she loves it. However we have to watch her as she has a habit of suddenly tipping it back, but she is getting better at it :D

beanie said:
yeah, we got it a couple of weeks ago and she loves it. However we have to watch her as she has a habit of suddenly tipping it back, but she is getting better at it :D

Dior cant drink out of a cup at all she tips it all over her chest.
she tips it into her mouth but dont no to swallow :roll:

what age should children be of beakers?

Hey my lo has been drinking from a beaker since i can remember well since he was able to hold one and like many he wont drink milk out of his beaker or a cup he will only drink it from his bottle and he is nearly 2 so i shouldnt worry to much i like to do whatever tends to keep him happy. i hope you get you problem with this sorted soon -xxx-

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back