Milk for breakfast, when to stop?

Ok i am worried about this now.... Can someone give me some advice

Isla has the following on an average day

8:30 breakfast of cereal with milk or banana, water to drink
12:30ish lunch jar food or homemade with pudding and diluted fruit juice
6pm tea bread roll with cheese or something in it, yogurt, raisins and grapes
8pm 4oz of milk

Does this sound right she hates milk and drinks about 5oz of juice or water a day and about 4oz of milk a day maybe less. Thats not a lot of fluids is it, she just isnt interested? She prob has around 3-4 oz of milk a day.

I am worried now why does everyone elses babys love milk and mine you have to practically force feed her it. :think:

Not true, kelly :) :) Maheen is not a big fan either!!! I have to struggle to get her drink the 7 oz of milk...it can take me up to 30 minutes, you know, on and off!!! She can drive me crazy, really! :wall:

My question to you is: how is her stool? does she struggle to pass it? if she is fine and her skin is nice and soft, then, I would think she is drinking what is good for her!

Maheen drinks much more, between 5 and 7 oz of milk morning and evening, and at least 7 oz of water a day, most probably double of that, tbh, but she still struggle with her stool!!! I think I have to take her to her GP, she is struggling so much, and what she passes is HUGE!!!!!!!! :shock: and I have seen her doing it, it hurts me just to think about it! it puts so much strain on her... (sorry TMI)

Anyway, if she is fine in herself, but you are still concerned, maybe you can give a ring to the HV at your surgery, and see what they say? I can't go to baby clinic because I am at work, but I give them a ring when I want Maheen to be weighed, for eg, because her weight was a problem (not enough!!!)
Don't worry, she is probably taking what she needs :) :hug:

Mel x

Hi

Isaac doesn't have any milk to drink. I dropped his bedtime milk, then dropped his bottle and he had formula milk in a beaker with his breakfast. I started mixing it with cows milk but he hated it and now he has no milk whatsoever. He has cheese and yogurt so i'm not worried about him not having milk. If he doesn't like it then he doesn't like it! He still has the heinz oaty porridge for breakfast and a slice of marmite on toast and sometimes if he is still hungry a banana with water to drink. Thats got to be healthier than some of the sugary cereals that are around with milk anyway I reckon.

Lou :D

kellysomer said:
Ok i am worried about this now.... Can someone give me some advice

I am worried now why does everyone elses babys love milk and mine you have to practically force feed her it. :think:

Ah but the yogurt and the cheese count! Mel only has about 8oz of milk as milk, the rest comes in yogurt or cheese form. I think one of my friends asked her HV and she said that 1 adult sized yog makes up about 1/3 of the milk they need a day so as they're supposed to have between 3/4-1 Pint a day that's about 1 Yog, some cheese and one large cup/beaker/bottle of milk which is what she's having (and Mel too!).

I've been freaking out about how mine just picks at bits and doesn't have proper meals anymore but this week I've been writing it all down and it's funny because over 48 hrs it's more balanced than you'd think. He refuses all meat though but loves humous, peanut butter and cheese so I worry constantly about his protein levels :wall: Mind you I exist to worry!

+++

my jack is fifteen months and has a bottle in morning and before bed.whilst he wants it i will give it 2 him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back