Milk for breakfast, when to stop?

nicki

Reaction score
When do you stop giving babies milk for breakfast? Jamie has a whole bottle but half of the milk is mixed with his weetabix/porridge etc and he drinks the remainder, he loves it but not sure when to stop giving it to him? Also when do they stop having a bedtime bottle?

Cheers :hug:

Aimee stopped having her bedtime bottle when she was about 12 months, she just stopped drinking it. She still has her morning bottle at 16 months. I couldn't even think of getting her up and not giving her a bottle of milk straight away, she would go mad!

Hiya

Willow is still having her bottle in the morning and when she gets a bit older i am assuming she will grow out of it and she will just have a glass of milk, i have just stopped her bedtime one as she has been potty trained in the day and now i want her dry at night as well so don't want her to have it before bed bit of a fight on my hands to get her to bed though she's a stickler for a routine but she's used to it now.

Heather

Jack still has milk in a morning and before bed
Beaker not bottle now though :)

Eloise doesn't have milk in the morning (she just has milk on her weetabix) and I had stopped giving her milk at night (she is 13 months) I have atarted givnig her some milk at night again as she is now demands that she feeds herself at tea time (won't let us feed her at all!) so I'm worried she's not getting enough food at night. She just has about 6oz in a cup just to reassure me that she is getting enough nutrition!!

Ella has 7 oz in a bottle before bed and when she wakes up, she loves her bottle and asks for it, "bot bot" she says its so cute. Im not sure when to stop it, I think it will be a while yet, I tried to give it her in abeaker but she only drinks a little bit, whereas with a bottle she drinks it all in one go. Jo how did you find it was gettin Jack to take it from a beaker ?

Charlie is a milk monster!

She has 10oz before bed, 7 oz sometimes during the night, 7oz for breakfast, and 7oz at her afternoon nap!

She also asks for it, she says 'Mil' I think she finds alot of comfort in her milk, but it is rather a lot isnt it :oops:

I don't think it's necessarily the amount of milk they have - the only thing 'apparently' you need to stop is the bottles as it can 'apparently' affect the growth of their teeth.
(I say apparently as this is what I have read/been told, but everyone has their own opinions!!)

i got told the same as you MRs T that according to someone they need to take it out of a beacker at the age of 1 other wise it can affect their teeth or something (B*** S***) I give Kacy a bottle at night while she is going to sleep, She wasn't having one in the afternoon but she keeps asking for it again so i'm giving it to her.

The bottle is more of a comfort thing it is for Kacy thats when she wants the bottle when she is tried and she wants to go to sleep, She will go to sleep without it though.

Matthew is on a cup of milk in the morning thats it, he weaned himself off the night bottle just stopped wanting it so he has one lot of milk a day and I think most kids even as they get older drink milk in the morning so he may want it for quite some time just not in a bottle when he's ten please!

Lauz_1601 said:
Ella has 7 oz in a bottle before bed and when she wakes up, she loves her bottle and asks for it, "bot bot" she says its so cute. Im not sure when to stop it, I think it will be a while yet, I tried to give it her in abeaker but she only drinks a little bit, whereas with a bottle she drinks it all in one go. Jo how did you find it was gettin Jack to take it from a beaker ?

He was about 15month when he stopped having a bottle in a morning, i just tried with a beaker one day and he was fine
It is only about 1 month ago he stopped with his bottle at might and that was only because the teats were buggered and i couldn't see the point in buying more.
He took to it fine, no problems at all

I just took ellas bottle away at a year as she would drink from a cup and i would hate myself if the bottle affected her teeth.

The health visitor said it may be too soon :shock: but the doctor agreed with me to take it away

I still give 180ml in morn and b4 bed, I tried a beaker a few times about a month or two ago and she threw a right paddy so i gave her the bottle back. I will try a beaker again soon, dont see how it can damage their teeth that much as its downed in about 4 mins

Have only just got Maddie off her bottle in the morning - now giving milk in sippy cup but am more worried about that as it takes her ages to drink it.

She was not impressed though when first presented with the beaker and cried and cried at first. She is such a milk-a-holic and LOVES her bottle that I'm worried about getting rid of the bottle for the evening.

Perhaps I'll give it a try though as I don't want to ruin her teeth....

LBxx

Duds said:
I still give 180ml in morn and b4 bed, I tried a beaker a few times about a month or two ago and she threw a right paddy so i gave her the bottle back. I will try a beaker again soon, dont see how it can damage their teeth that much as its downed in about 4 mins

:rotfl: Jamie had the same strop!! he kept pushing or whacking I should say, my hand & the cup away so gave him his bottle back & will try again later.

Hi

Kiaras never had a bottle but once i stopped BF at a year i gave her a sippy and she never had any milk before bed or morning since then.
For breakfast she has cheerios in milk then i fill her sippy with milk and she gets two glasses which lasts her till just after lunch.
I guess we each do things different what ever works for our kids
Katrina

Not sure this is much help but my HV told me last week to start to give Jacob full fat blue top milk with his weetabix and as his drink. I have still been giving J his morning and evening milk in a bottle, they also said to give him his morning milk in a beaker but to keep his night time one in a bottle. They didn't say how long to give him it till though - but did say he should be having a pint a day.

Xxx

Hi ladies,

haven't been on here for AGES, sorry!!! :oops: but my little choupinette is keeping me busy!
anyway... It's funny as you are talking about exactly what I was thinking about!!
Maheen still takes 200ml of milk when she gets up in the morning, and 200ml at night, just before going to bed! Then, during the day, she has a"breakfast" at around 9:30 with a owl of readybreak, then, at lunch, she takes 1 babybel (cheese..damn, she just loves it!!) and a munchbunch, and then, at 3:30/4:00pm, she will have sometimes a cheese string or a petit filous, and if she hasn't then, she will have one at dinner, 6:30pm!
haven't tried to give milk in a beaker, but will try tomorrow morning, as she is now (only now!!0) trying to drink her bottle herself!

is my little girl normal???? :shock:

:hug: to everyone!
Mel xx

Charlie has 8oz of cows milk in a beaker in the morning, he comes down sits in his chair without prompting and tries to put his bib on ready and waiting for his milk....talk about routine!
We tried to change his 8oz bottle at night to a beaker the other week but he would drink and ounce then ignore it, gave in and gave him the bottle back and he down his milk straight away....typical little man.
Not overly worried, as someone else said......Its downed in 'less' than four minutes so cant see a problem :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back