Moses basket vs cot - advice appreciated!!

Solo

Reaction score
Hi girlies
I have a dilema I hope you can help me with....
We have bought a cot and a Moses basket for the new arrival. I'll use the basket in the day downstairs for the baby to sleep in. Should I use it at night too or put the cot in our room?? Just wondering what you think?? I'm unsure if I should use the cot straight away....
Thanks girls xxx

I'm using the moses basket at night until baby is too big for it then it will be moved into it's own cot in it's own room. This is more down to the practicality of fitting a full size cot into our bedroom than anything else. I think when I do move it into it's own cot I might still leave it in the moses basket for the first few nights just so it isn't so much of a shock

I am going to try and not have baby sleeping in the same things in the day as at night as I really want it to know the difference between daytime sleeps and nightime ones

My brother has advised me to put baby in moses basket at night...and put the basket in the cot...that way, he won't find the cot so big, daunting and alien when he moves on to it.

I also got a stand for £3 in the charity shop so I can have basket in the lounge with me during the day. :)

We have 2 moses baskets and a cot :roll: lol (I got lucky!)
So there will be one downstairs for naps and when I'm busy (will also hopefully have a play mat and bouncing chair for some variety :D ) ....a completely seperate one for upstairs in our bedroom at night....and when he's outgrown it he'll go into the cot in the nursery :sleep:

It's completely up to you :hug: You could always leave baby in the moses basket for a few nights before deciding?

I'm using a moses basket personally, but that's because I haven't got room in my bedroom to put her cot up so hopefully by the time she's outgrown the moses basket we'll have our own house with her own room.

xx

I'd go with the moses basket to start with for nights also. Chances are your LO won't be sleeping in it much at night the first few weeks anyways as they much prefer being cuddled up on you. Reminds them of being in the womb and is much more comforting to them than being stuck in a basket on a straight surface when they are used to soft and warm.

We got our LO into a cot at 6 weeks but only because he outgrew the basket so early, otherwise I'd have left him in it a while longer. Plus he was really good from then about not needing to sleep on me.

We never stood the basket in the cot fwiw and had no problems at all in him going into the cot. He loves it and sprawls out all over the place.

HideiLu said:
My brother has advised me to put baby in moses basket at night...and put the basket in the cot...that way, he won't find the cot so big, daunting and alien when he moves on to it.

I also got a stand for £3 in the charity shop so I can have basket in the lounge with me during the day. :)

Exactly what we are doing! My mum said she used to do that with me and had no problems

Thanks girls!!
I think i'll do the Moses basket thing firstand wait until he or she is too big for it before switching to the cot!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back