Morning Sickness

xxbeckyxx

Reaction score
Hey guys, after some advice! I know I'm ready to drop but have got a mate who is 7 weeks pregnant and she is asking me how she can cope with morning sickness.
I had it till 15 weeks but found that eating every half an hour worked for me and kept it at bay. However, she isn't able to keep anything down, even water. So I was wondering if anyone had any other tips I can pass on!?
Bit worried that if she can't even cope with water she might get seriously ill.
Thanks in advance! :)

Poor thing! I haven't had it so i don't have a clue...but i'd watch what i was taking for MS. Tell her to go to her doctor they will know for sure what is best and what is safe. Hope she feels better soon xxx

When does this start if you get it? I'm only 2 weeks but none yet and i'm wondering if it's somethign i'll have soon or if it's unlikely?

I couldn't keep much down either, anything I ate came straight back up! Someone in work said to me to eat plain crackers and flat cola, it worked great! First thing I managed to keep down that day lol :) Hope it helps your friend! xxx

When does this start if you get it? I'm only 2 weeks but none yet and i'm wondering if it's somethign i'll have soon or if it's unlikely?

its different with everyone... i've been lucky so far xxx

Some people get sickness & others don't. When I was expecting my first I wasn't sick at all. I'm 13w + 1 & am still really sick. I was so ill that my husband took me to a&e as I got really badly dehydrated. They said if I continued to not drink I'd have to be put on a drip to get fluid in me.
I found ice lollies worked well as I could eat a small amount & get fluid at the same time. Lucozade & dry ginger sipped in small amounts seemed to help too. The smell of food, sweat, cigarettes, tea, coffee, bleach, toothpaste & the list goes on make me gag & be sick too. I was told by week 12 it would get better, but I'm still waiting!

Hope she finds something that works for her soon.

Sunnyb xxx

If she's that bad she really needs to seek medical help. My friend had the same severity and had to be admitted for severe dehydration - everything was fine in the end and she has a beautiful son, but very severe sickness does need to be monitored xx

I used travel sickness bands for about 6 weeks that helped for a while. Other than that i dont know cos i also had a terrible time with sickness. I still get it some mornings xx

i found ginger tea helped me but if she cant keep anything down id definately say go to the doctor - im sure they will be able to do something for her.

Star fish - my sickness started at 6 weeks but pretty much ended by 11 weeks which it says in my books is about the norm x

Cheers for your help everyone, will pass advice on! I don't wanna scare her but have said that if she can't hold anything down then she should see a doctor.

Travel sickness bands are good, used them in my first pregnancy when I had bad MS. I bought them from Boots.

Just been in contact and she is in hospital on a drip and having injections to control it bless her. At least they are looking after her :)

Least she is getting help. Hope she perks up soon to enjoy her pregnancy xxx

your poor friend , ive not had any yet . I was so sick last time .

Had no sickness yet just a tiny feeling every now an again x
Hope things look up for her xx

I have been so sick its horrible! Threw up in the office today...in a bin! Haha classy xxx

Acutally I have started to get nausea, on and off, not being sick, just feeling it a bit. I have been drinking lemon and ginger tea, but it comes and goes. I hope it's not a bad omen that it's started so early!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back