Severe morning sickness

Rubys mummy

Reaction score
Not for me this question :lol: ..its for my sister in laws friend.

She is 8 weeks PG with her first child, and is very ill with severe sickness...not just morning but all day. She eats little and often, but throws it up again

I was lucky not to get any sickness so I dont know what advice to give-I recomended ginger biccies, eaten before she gets out of bed in the morning, and also travel sickness bands on her wrists?? :think: Anone else got any miracle cures????

If shes that bad im sure docs would give her something to ease the sickness, I had it really bad and was given sickness tablets so that I could eat.

docs wouldnt give me anyting till i was passed 10 weeks as they carry risks and actually say not suitable in pregnancy llo

ive got bands on , they have helped a bit , not if im feeling really bad tho , but im now too scared to take them off !

ginger biccies made me worse , my nurse suggested TUC biscuits cos there salty and that helps

boiled sweets work too sometime sickness is suger level related and if she cant keep food down she could suck a sweet and get sugar that way .

and wotsits , dont ask why !

I had it terribly this time (and I had it with my son!) It's just the worst thing about pregnancy, awful awful, awful. Nothing helped me at all. I wore the sea bands which probably help if you've not got it so bad. Other than that I had cyclosine (sp!) which helped hugely. I took it from 13 weeks and have just run out but I now seem to be over it thank goodness....I was getting seriously depressed about it.

Huge sympathy to SIL's friend though.

I'm lucky, suffered from nausea which went away after eating a dry cracker and now it's nearly completely gone. I saw my Midwife the other day, and she really stressed that women who have sever sickness and can't keep anything down MUST drink lots of fluid to prevent dehydration, and if fluid can't be kept down a Doctor must be seen so they can do something about it. Hope she's okay :)

Unfortunately I think the only thing for your sister in law to do Is persevere :(

I had the worst morning sickness and lost over 8 pounds in two weeks because I could keep nothing down but now that I am 12 weeks – absolutely nothing.

I hope she gets better as it can be really depressing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back