More blood

Sophie_P

Reaction score
...after straining.. I'm so constipated but need to go to the toilet and everytime I strain I get a brown, red or pink discharge. Lastnight it was red. I've read about blood vessels bursting on your cervix when you strain, do you think I still need to get it checked out? Do I ring epu where I went for scan, 24 hour emergency midwife helpline or my midwife who I haven't met yet?
Xx

Last edited:
Try epi... Have you told your doctor about your constipation? Maybe there's something he can give you for it?

Hi Sophie. This happens to me too... everytime.
From what I've read it's not uncommon. I had an early scan at 6+2 because of bleeding and everything was fine.It was only afterwards I realised it coincided with straining too much!
If I rang mw everytime I had some bleeding I'd be constantly on the phone but it doesn't make it any less scary seeing blood!
Maybe ring just for peace of mind as of course everyone is different and it's always best just to check. Xx

i would ring the epu for reassurance possibly a scan ..but i have heard it is not uncommon xx

I had this with my son I would even bleed if I wasn't constipated. I would phone your midwife x

I had this early pregnancy too and with red blood. Paid for a couple of scans as was so worried. Had a swab by gp and had an erosion and also bv infection but had some gel and all cleared up. Seems very common so try not to worry x

Hey lady! Call docs or midwife if you can - but also try to get something for the constipation - I know its hard but try not to strain, it will come out eventually (soz tmi).

Hope ur OK!

xxx

I am taking lactulose for constipation ,it s not unusual to bleed if you strain but it s nit really going but your mind at ease ,give your gp a call x

Lots of bran and fibre! Get that bowel working :)

I had this right till about 11 weeks. Didn't matter if I was constipated or just normal always something after x

I have had constipation really bad during this pregnancy. The last two weeks everytime I had went (no 2 sorry tmi) there was bright red blood in loo and when I wiped.

I am on fibregel and have just been prescribed lactulose.

I was worried when the doctor said I had to be careful as some can stimulate the uterus as well as the bowel which is not good.

Beware over the counter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back