**** Money saving hints and tips ****

Biggest money saver I can suggest is to draw up an actual budget.

I have a big spreadsheet, showing my income and OHs, all our direct debits and then an estimate for food/fuel/"fun stuff" etc. every now and then, ill sit down with a bank statement, and compare what we've spent to the budget (this is going a bit far for some bit being an accountant it's in my nature!!!), and try to work out why we've gone over. I can adjust my future predictions then and we can get better goals for when we'll be able to afford things.

I've never saved in my life (not properly) we did this about 6 months back, and have managed to put away about £500 a month. I was totally amazed, but all it took was a bit of planning and some incentive (baby!!)

I'm doing exactly the same thing & managed to save just under £500 this month after everything was paid, but we did go a bit nuts with take aways car was in garage for 3 weeks & then didnt order our shopping online :/ So hopefully, next months wages we can save more.

Will be doing my budgets tonight ready for pay day in 10 days time

instead of buying fresh food online and Paying delivery charges (I mean stuff like bread and veggies) pop into your nearest supermarket on the way home, for reduced prices, I dot pay more than 20p for branded bread, and it can be frozen so u can stock up!

also be aware of price per weight, eg last week wilkinsons have fairy washing tablets at £6,30 per 20wash pack, tesco had fairy washing tablets at £6.50 per 25wash pack, tesco cost more money but was better value! the pound shop are really bad for this, selling smaller size packs on something's so it's not always a better deal!

Carnat I now rename you the Martin Lewis of pf.

:lol:

If only I could take my own bloody advice though!

Past 3 weeks I've spent over £100 during the week (I've been keeping receipts to tally it all up!!)

xxxxxxxx

i think I need to keep up with you ladies, As I need to start saving money I got my wedding this year and another baby plus car's MOT and all thatt is due around the same time. Please keep them coming x x x

What a fab thread,

My tips are
try the car boot sales for all sorts of child related clothes toys equipment etc

If you need electricals search for a model that you like then type into amazon and look for the recodntioned models , as new but usually around half price.
Sell your stuff on ebay particualrly clothes
Buy nikky loo rolls and laundry stuff from home bargains great stuff
when things are difficult rissottos are super cheap and yummy - even just carrot and peas with some cheese is lovely and goes really far so buy arboreo/pudding or sushi rice when its on offer.
Same goes for bread and butter pudding a massive familiy pudding for the price of four eggs some old crusts, some raisins and sugar.
Buy a lolly maker and some squash for very cheap lollies for the kids on sunny days.
Try aldi , voted the best supermarket three years in a row. honestly lovely produce and a third cheaper .
than tescos.
Clip you own dog, you can get pet clippers from argos and with a bit of practice you can trim the dog yourself- Ive been doing this for my collie Jakey for the last 8 years after paying £35 for the first time!

Trips out to all those free attractions the park , the beach , all sorts of brilliant museums and parks are free, most of them do childrens activities in the summer hols to!

happy summer
x Daisy

Got Fairy fabric conditioner 85 washes for £3.99 in discount UK shop :)

Car boot sales are always good, as well as selling things on ebay - so long as they are not already on there about 500 times. There are loads of great tips on money saving expert which are always worth a good read, and make sure you always try and use vouchers if you are buying something online. i found this good site recently https://www.suppose.com which has lots of voucher codes on it. I don't think all shops do vouchers but it is always worth having a quick google search before buying something online. always be on the look out for sales too. most shops have them every other week lol so often you dont have to wait that long to get something cheaper

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back