Slimming World Hints and Tips?

Daniel's Mummy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I know a few of you have been doing slimming world and wondered if you have any good hints and tips?

I joined on Tuesday night and am finding it difficult to work out meals etc, what you can have with what to make a proper meal. Also what do you have when you get a snack attack?! I got some big snack a jacks yesterday but they are 3 syns each so can't really have more than 1 or 2.

Any help would be much appreaciated I have lots of weight to lose!! :oops: :oops:

Don't waste syns on snack a jacks. Syns are for chocolate and wine! :wink: :lol:

For snacks, keep handy in your fridge:

Quorn sausages (free on either day)
Cut up boiled eggs (free on either day)
Make a large fruit salad and everytime you feel peckish its ready and waiting (free on either day)
Fish sticks (Free on red)
Chicken strips dipped in low fat natural yoghurt and cucumber (Free on red)
Very low fat cottage cheese (free on either day) Put on 3 pagen crispbreads (1 b choice)
Muller yoghurts (free on either day) put in the freezer for an hour, almost like icecream!
Gherkins (free on either day)
3 half fat mini baby bells (1 a choice)

I will add more as I think of them.

The best advice is to read your book thoroughly. Once you work out what you can have with what, honestly there are some many things you can adapt into a slimming world meal.
For example what I've had this week

Sausage, beans and chips!
Spinach and ricotta cannoli
Cheese burgers
Baked salmon with roasted vegetables
Stuffed mushrooms with feta cheese
and tonight I'm having roast chicken

And I haven't used any syns to make them.
If you want any of the reciepes just PM and I'll tell you what choices etc you need for each meal :D

Thanks Misslarue. That's a great help.

We're doing a red day today so have just had a nice cooked breakfast, syn free! I'm starting to get to grips with it now. I think I have just got so used to helping myself to whatever I want :oops:

I haven't lost much weight yet though only 1 & 1/2 pound since Tuesday, I thought it would be a big loss to start with. How did you find it?

I wouldn't recommend weighing yourself everyday, just get weighed at class. Your weight can fluctuate so much during the day and from one day to the next and also your scales at home may weigh you differently to the ones they use in class. If you weigh at home and you hadnt lost weight you might be tempted to go and have that chocolate bar you have been resisting all week and then you might just think sod it I havent lost owt and eat whatever you want.

To start with I would just stick to either red or green days once you have got your head round that and you have been losing weight for a few months then take a look at success express, mix to max and the new easy plan they just brought out this month.

Try and snack on fruit and veg sticks or if you need a sugar rush try and have things in that are under 5 syns. I like mini jammie dodgers (lunch box packs) they come with 4 mini biscuits in a pack and are 4 syns for the pack of 4. I also snack on Hi-fi bars if I need something sweet, they count as 1 healthy extra.

Buy the magazine (buy in class its cheaper) theres loads of recipe's to follow that are usually free or low in syn, easy to make and very tasty. Also some brilliant motivational stories and ideas on syns and new foods that are brought out.

Get online, the slimming world webpage for members is excellent, lots of recipes and motivational stories but you can also look up syns online free of charge.

Dont deny yourself anything, if you want chocolate then have it but count it into your syns for that day. I think if you deny yourself something then you want it even more.

Enjoy the food, its amazing what you can eat and still lose weight, its just about learning to cook in a more healthier way and make informed choices on what to eat and when.

Good luck im sure you will have a fab time losing weight :D

Im always snacking on suagr free jelly and muiller light yoghurts and ive got a thing for cheese toasties at the moment! My favourite thing to do tho is make chips, last night i had a huge bowl of chips and made a chip butty :D

If i remember correctly jelly and specific yogurt was free so i used to make this dessert with the yogurt on the bottom and then put the jelly on top! Yum!! and you could have all you wanted...

Thanks for all your help.

JUst been for my 1st weigh in and guess what I lost.................... 7.5 lbs!!! :dance: :dance:

HOw pleased am I?!!!!! Have pledged to lose another 3 next week - fingers crossed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back