mohammed teddy bear *edit* poll added

PinkPunch said:
Its all about what you believe at the end of the day, and if you believe you can be a good person and do good things without having to answer to some higher force.......then isnt that Godly?
Its just called "good living" which might make you feel good about yourself like you are doing something good with your life, but it won't get people into heaven. Of course its nice to do good deeds and it does feel nice, but we are all sinners at the end of the day and we alone will never be "pure" enough to enter heaven on our own merits.

I understand what your saying totally, and I know it seems a little brave to suggest we are all capable of being Godly :lol: But its what I have seen :)

I believe in afterlife - I have past life memories that unless you have them yourself you can never explain to someone how you know they are past-life memories lol, but take my word for it thats what they are. I believe in karma and re-incarnation, I have spirit guides and a totum. But heaven im not sure about....I think its a metaphor for what life can be like or perhaps the re-incarnation into a better or worse life depending on your deeds in this life, im still not sure but I dont believe it is heaven in the religious sense.

I have seen a man who was a druid and a witch, change the weather. I have heard a Doe talk to me. I have had psychic experiences all my life - including 2 psychic dreams that saved my life. As a witch I have performed spells for people that have worked beyond all doubt. (I believe that praying is the same as a spell but thats another topic lol.) I have seen 2 ghosts - my grandad and my cat - and I once met an angel.

I know the above paragraph makes me sound loopy lol, but the point is I am backing up my beliefs that we are all capable of amazing things and all have a spark of the divine....whatever that may be....within us. Often untapped and unrealised, but its there :)

PinkPunch said:
Its all about what you believe at the end of the day, and if you believe you can be a good person and do good things without having to answer to some higher force.......then isnt that Godly?
Its just called "good living" which might make you feel good about yourself like you are doing something good with your life, but it won't get people into heaven. Of course its nice to do good deeds and it does feel nice, but we are all sinners at the end of the day and we alone will never be "pure" enough to enter heaven on our own merits.

Mind you personally.. Now I know that Adolf Hitler is in Heaven because he was Christian and accepted Christ as his saviour... and Ghandi is in hell because he wasn't Christian and never accepted Christ as his saviour.... I think I would be better off in hell tbh... :D ;) In fact I would actually prefer to go to hell :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Personally I don't believe in heaven and hell... I don't believe in god, nor the devil so it would be hypocritical of me to believe in the heaven concept...

I think hell is what we make it on earth... I have lived through dark times, and if someone was to ask me what my definition of hell is.. it would be based on those times... No God saved me during those times, no God came to my rescue which as PP has said, if I just open my heart and ask God he will reveal himself to you... well as they say there are no atheists on the battle field, my heart was open, but nothing was revealed... what revealed it's self was an older concept... One that teaches that we make our own futures, our own "hells" and we pull ourselves out of them to become more mature, grounded and spiritual human beings... we need to live those dark times, to truly appreciate the good ones that follow, and to learn a lesson of human existance that we take to our next lives... if we fail... we will be doomed to continue to make the same mistakes...

I have seen a man who was a druid and a witch, change the weather. I have heard a Doe talk to me. I have had psychic experiences all my life - including 2 psychic dreams that saved my life. As a witch I have performed spells for people that have worked beyond all doubt. (I believe that praying is the same as a spell but thats another topic lol.) I have seen 2 ghosts - my grandad and my cat - and I once met an angel.

Your not loopy and I don't doubt that those things happened to you. But to me, that only proves that there IS a satan and I believe thats were the power comes from.

Infact, I know (well, know of her) a lady who walked with Satan through flames, she held his hand and was not burnt at all. She eventually became a Christian but what Im saying is that we are actually in agreement. Although your saying "you've had experiences and i've had mine" which is true but the sources differ.

Mind you personally.. Now I know that Adolf Hitler is in Heaven because he was Christian and accepted Christ as his saviour... and Ghandi is in hell because he wasn't Christian and never accepted Christ as his saviour.... I think I would be better off in hell tbh... In fact I would actually prefer to go to hell
No need to make fun lol. From what I can see, your the only person who thinks they are heaven.. I never said they were. :D

No God saved me during those times, no God came to my rescue
Im trying to answer this in a sensitive way :D

God isn't here to serve us and just bring us out of the bad times in our lives and replace them with fun times.. and neither can we just call out to him when we are in need and expect him to fix things. How does that show love towards God when we try to use him?

Im not directly aiming this at you, I don't know your situation or anything and I don't know Gods purpose.. but if we have true faith in him, we have to lay the troubles at this feet and say, Lord, I don't know why this is happening to me but I trust that this is your will. That is true faith in Jesus Christ.

PinkPunch said:
Mind you personally.. Now I know that Adolf Hitler is in Heaven because he was Christian and accepted Christ as his saviour... and Ghandi is in hell because he wasn't Christian and never accepted Christ as his saviour.... I think I would be better off in hell tbh... In fact I would actually prefer to go to hell
No need to make fun lol. From what I can see, your the only person who thinks they are heaven.. I never said they were. :D

Sorry hun... didn't mean to offend you...

Although you did say that anyone... no matter what their crimes would be guaranteed a place in heaven IF they accepted Christ as their saviour.

PinkPunch said:
I don't know Gods purpose..

But that is in direct conflict with your previous statement...

PinkPunch said:
and I honestly don't know how anyone can say they are 100% sure of the answers.
Thats exactly what I'm saying though. I have no doubts at all.

Gods purpose is one of those answers to life that was mentioned by HappyAlice... This means you do have doubts over what gods purpose is and in turn you must agree with HappyAlice that you are not 100% sure of all the answers... if what I am saying makes any sense :think:

No, HappyAlice was refferring to these comments/questions (I need to know "why" im here, whats my purpose, who made me, what does the future hold for me etc etc. I think we all should) and my answer to those things is that I DO know who made me, I DO know what my purpose is and I DO know where im going.

When I said I don't know Gods purpose when talking about your life, I mean I don't know what happened in your life with your troubles and why God let those things happen.

I wasn't contradicting myself, I answered on 2 different topics. :D

PinkPunch said:
No, HappyAlice was refferring to these comments/questions (I need to know "why" im here, whats my purpose, who made me, what does the future hold for me etc etc. I think we all should) and my answer to those things is that I DO know who made me, I DO know what my purpose is and I DO know where im going.

When I said I don't know Gods purpose when talking about your life, I mean I don't know what happened in your life with your troubles and why God let those things happen.

I wasn't contradicting myself, I answered on 2 different topics. :D

Who made you? What is your purpose? and where are you going?
If you dont mind me asking :)

While Im thinking about this, can I just add that Im not saying I know everything! I will be learning about God until I die and I still will never know all about him - Hes too Great!

But as I said above, I know why he made me, what my purpose is and were Im going because he has given me that assurance :)

PinkPunch said:
Im not directly aiming this at you, I don't know your situation or anything and I don't know Gods purpose.. but if we have true faith in him, we have to lay the troubles at this feet and say, Lord, I don't know why this is happening to me but I trust that this is your will. That is true faith in Jesus Christ.

Your full comment was this above...

I am sure that even yourself have come to a point in your life where you have done as you have instructed above. Often wise words are born from experience.. So I trust that you too have suffered difficult times and had to lay your troubles at his feet and you have said... Lord I don't know why this is happening to me but I trust that it is your will... means that you too have once uttered the frase I don't know... and you had doubts.

Its would be arrogant for any of us to believe that we won't come across difficult times in the future... its part of life... and I am sure there will come another time when you doubt again. I know I will... in the sense that I will ask why.. why me..

Its part of the cycle of life, of existance... the great circle we all live in.

Ooo and just to lighten the mood... :wink: :wink: :wink:

I know you don't have all the answers PP otherwise you'd be able to explain to me why an 8 year old finds it such an issue to tidy their room and do their homework without being nagged and nagged and nagged... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Guess what I'm trying to get someone to do right now... :wink:

Who made you?
God made me :D

26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

27 So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground."

What is your purpose?
God made us to love him, thats all he ever wanted from us. He could have made us like robots that just instantly loved him.. but that wouldn't be true love. He gave us all freewill to accept or reject him.

Since becoming a Christian, my purpose is now to tell others about him and about the love he brings - I can't keep it quiet lol

and where are you going?
Heaven to be with Jesus who sits at the right hand side of God.

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[f] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

If you dont mind me asking
Not at all Lou.

:hug:

PinkPunch said:
Who made you?
God made me :D

26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

27 So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground."

[quote:281166yd]What is your purpose?
God made us to love him, thats all he ever wanted from us. He could have made us like robots that just instantly loved him.. but that wouldn't be true love. He gave us all freewill to accept or reject him.

Since becoming a Christian, my purpose is now to tell others about him and about the love he brings - I can't keep it quiet lol

and where are you going?
Heaven to be with Jesus who sits at the right hand side of God.

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[f] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

If you dont mind me asking
Not at all Lou.

:hug:[/quote:281166yd]

cool. Thanks for answering me :hug:

Its would be arrogant for any of us to believe that we won't come across difficult times in the future... its part of life... and I am sure there will come another time when you doubt again. I know I will... in the sense that I will ask why.. why me..
"Doubt" isn't the right word, I don't doubt that God has a reason for pain and suffering, I just don't know what it is at times. Having said that, when I look back over my life, I can now see why God put me through those times. But at the time I thought why is this happening.

Hmm, to put it another way. Say a child is going towards a hot frying pan because shes hungry and can smell sausages. The child is thinking "I want those sausages, it will make me so happy to get them and I will be satisfied once I have eaten them" but then you have a parent who can see that is it not in the best interest of the child because they will get burned obivously. So the parent says "no" and puts the child in the play pen for safety (lol).. the child is now thinking "why won't mummy help me? why is she not giving me the sausages? can't she see im hungry? I don't need a playpen, I need those sausages! When that child grows up and matures, they wil look back and realise why the parent took that action.

So thats what im saying. God is my father and although I don't always understand his reasons for things happening, I have to trust that its for the best and its not always easy.

Looking back, I learn the most from God through those hards times.

I know you don't have all the answers PP otherwise you'd be able to explain to me why an 8 year old finds it such an issue to tidy their room and do their homework without being nagged and nagged and nagged... Guess what I'm trying to get someone to do right now...
lol now that WOULD be a miracle! Even I can't keep my bedroom tidy.. :rotfl:

PinkPunch said:
"Doubt" isn't the right word, I don't doubt that God has a reason for pain and suffering, I just don't know what it is at times. Having said that, when I look back over my life, I can now see why God put me through those times. But at the time I thought why is this happening.

Hmm, to put it another way. Say a child is going towards a hot frying pan because shes hungry and can smell sausages. The child is thinking "I want those sausages, it will make me so happy to get them and I will be satisfied once I have eaten them" but then you have a parent who can see that is it not in the best interest of the child because they will get burned obivously. So the parent says "no" and puts the child in the play pen for safety (lol).. the child is now thinking "why won't mummy help me? why is she not giving me the sausages? can't she see im hungry? I don't need a playpen, I need those sausages! When that child grows up and matures, they wil look back and realise why the parent took that action.

So thats what im saying. God is my father and although I don't always understand his reasons for things happening, I have to trust that its for the best and its not always easy.

Looking back, I learn the most from God through those hards times.

But when the child grows he/she can be told that the pan was hot and understand why they couldn't have the sausages. When it comes to faith in god we never find out answers to our questions. Does it mean you have blind faith because in your heart you feel you know there is an answer you just don't have to be told it to believe there is an answer?

I've confused myself there :rotfl:

But when the child grows he/she can be told that the pan was hot and understand why they couldn't have the sausages.
Yep, thats what im saying.

When it comes to faith in god we never find out answers to our questions. Does it mean you have blind faith because in your heart you feel you know there is an answer you just don't have to be told it to believe there is an answer?
Not sure what you mean.. but what Im saying is, God lets things happen for reasons known to him but I just have to try and have faith that he will use it for his benefit.

I don't know what you mean when you ask me if I have blind faith, at the end of the day, thats what faith is. Putting your trust in something. Please explain :D

PinkPunch said:

I agree... when I look back over my life... and I see things happened that I didn't have the answers to back then, I can now see that they were leading me somewhere... and I wasn't ready to see those answers at that time. I know I was being taught, and that there was a purpose behind that lesson and I am by far a stronger person for it.

I know that the same can be said for many things in life. I know things will become dark again (indeed they did after my darkest times) but the experience and knowledge I gained from those first times, gave me the beakon of hope I needed to keep going through the next set of dark times... :)

I do not have the answers concerning why was I made... why am I here (although I have a good idea on this one) and where I am going... (no one knows what the future holds)... I know I will die... and that there is a great adventure at that time waiting for me.. I know I am not ready for the answer to that yet.. :) These are the answers for the Gods to know and to reveal to me when the time is right. I don't need to know... it doesn't bother me, I don't feel the need to try and explain these things to myself... I trust my Gods know what they are doing and I just live with the flow.. enjoying those rare times when I am truly happy... :)

PinkPunch said:
But when the child grows he/she can be told that the pan was hot and understand why they couldn't have the sausages.
Yep, thats what im saying.

[quote:3elg5iij]When it comes to faith in god we never find out answers to our questions. Does it mean you have blind faith because in your heart you feel you know there is an answer you just don't have to be told it to believe there is an answer?
Not sure what you mean.. but what Im saying is, God lets things happen for reasons known to him but I just have to try and have faith that he will use it for his benefit.

I don't know what you mean when you ask me if I have blind faith, at the end of the day, thats what faith is. Putting your trust in something. Please explain :D[/quote:3elg5iij]

What I mean is you believe that god lets things happen for a reason known to him and because you have faith you don't need to be told his reasons, you just know that theres no need to question gods reason because you have faith. Blind faith without answers. You see I feel I need proof and answers, whether they are scientific or not as to the meaning of life and our purpose, but you have your faith. I believe evolution is the answer I lean towards. Like I said before to me it seems more "real".

I'm not having a dig. I am genuinely trying to see where you are coming from :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back