Mini hugs birth story

hugsy

Reaction score
Well at last i have enough time to do my birth story, although iv probably blocked half of it out by now

So I was due on the 5th of march but expected to go over by a week or so

on Saturday nite the 3rd i woke at 2 am to a pop, went to the bathroom but no waters, surprised i got back into bed, my heart was racing as i got such a fright thinking it could have just started, i eventually calmed down but was having mild period cramps, they got closer and closer so i started to count the seconds to see how long they were lasting i thought they were about 40 seconds, a few hours later i went to the toilet again to fairly wet knickers and a tiney spot of blood, it was 5 am so i woke OH and filled him in so we went downstairs and had some tea and toast and put on the contraction times app i had downloaded, it said they were a minute long and 6 minutes apart and then they were 4 minutes apart so called hospital who said to come in at 8, we got the bags ready and as i was about to get up to go i got a really strong one that had me in tears and lasted much longer

Got to hospital and was 1 cm and had more of a show, she went away to test pee and came back ages later, checked again and i was 3 cm, but i had a temperature, at this point they did not explain anything to me about that meaning i had an infection , they just gave me gas and air and i was struggling so decided with my codeine allergy i would " probably" be ok with diamorphiene so i had a shot which didn't do anything for the pain but relaxed me a good bit. i kept asking for the epidural but mw was putting it off saying i needed to be 5 and did i really want it maybe i could try manage without, i was adamant i wanted it

so she dissapeard to get her lunch while i struggled trough the pain and 2 canisters of gas , when she got back i was 6 cm and begging for epi, she made the call and took me over to the delivery sweet

my temp was still too high so i had a canular inserted n my arm and put on antibiotics, about 2 hours later the anestist arrived and gave me the eip, he also gave something else to kic k in while waiting on epi to work

Bliss , i sat almost pain free for about an hour or so then it started getting worse and worse paticurlarly on my left side, i asked if they could get someone to look at it but they said no, i was livid, what i didn't know at this point was that they had put me on a cytocin drip to make the contractions get stronger and closer as they were worried about me and the baby

Things got worse and worse from here, they pain was unbearable, and no matter how much i begged they would not get anyone to look at epi, i was like someone out of the movies screaming like i was being massacared , then at 930pm they changed over so i asked new mw if she could get my epi fixed so she called someone who topped it up a little and put a wedge under my right side , it helped ever so slightly but could still feel everything

There was a consultant ther at this point looing after me too and she said while i was only 9 she wanted me to do a little pushing and she put herhandn up and pushed my cervex up as i pushed cos they couldnt wait any longer , it was agony

she they wanted me to puch properly, i just didnt feel ready at all and was in a right state, i was in sooo much pain constantly i couldnt tell the diference between contraction and no contractions and never felt any push urges just excruiating pain, so i tried to just puch when they told me to, it was now 11 05 pm and was told i had to 11 15 or it would be section but it would be risk as she was in odd position so i putshed n pushed but i wouldnt streatch and alarms were goin off to say baby heart was dropping so they cut me every way to sunday and got her out, I also tore too but she was born at 1118

it was only then that i looked up and seen how many people were in the room, from watchin obem i knew that was bad, baby was given straight to pediatriction but thank god she was ok just needed bit of oxygen and was given to OH while i was put back together

It was a million times worse than i imagined but sooo worth it for my amazing beautiful baby girl

My main problems was the refusal to fix my epi and not telling me about the infection, or drip to speed it up or the fat that they were worried about the baby , had i known they were worried i would have pushed so much harder but after 2 nights in hospital i got home with my little girl and put it all behind me

OMG hun xxx but so glad to hear you and your Lo are ok xxxxxx

Sorry u had a tough time of it, well done Hun x

You did amazing, had to go through alot. They are defo worth it all though. Congrats on your LO xxx

what an ordeal to go through, glad you and lo are okay now, congratulations hun xxx

congratulations to you - well done, can't believe they can do things like the drip without asking for consent!

What did you call her and what did she weigh

Wow! congrats babe, it all worth at the end when you see your beautiful baby's face, but should update you on whats going on thats not nice you should complain

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back