Old birth story i just came across

Toonlass

Reaction score
This is my birth sory from jacob. Totally different frame of mind i was in to when i had lucas but if proves that a back to back baby can be delivered without interention and epidural xx

Jake's birth story (bit long)
Hi ladies, my lil man is fast asleep after his bath so I thought I would try and write my birth story.

Well most of you know that I was experiencing pains for a week or two before hand but on Sunday the 10th May I was particularly uncomfortable with bad back ache and cramps. I tried a bath and paracetamols but nothing would shift it . Went to bed at 9.00pm to watch tv and at 10 past 10 I got a pain, looked at OH and said “hunny, I know I’ve been getting pains for weeks but, I’m definitely in labour!” lol As soon as they began they were bang on 10 mins apart and by 2 am were 3 and a half mins apart but they stayed that way until 4am when they started to hurt more so I rang my dad to come baby sit for me. By the time he drove here and I got to hospital it was 6am and I was shattered!

Even tho the contractions were close together and painful I was only 2cm’s as my baby was still laying back to back. The pain in my back was awful and the contractions were so different from last time when my baby was laying correctly. Anyway they kept me in to check again in 2 hours by which time I was 5cm’s. The only pain relief I had up until then was 2 x codein which made me throw up
icon_sad.gif
. So I laboured away until 11.00 when I buzzed for the midwife and said I would like something for the pain please. She offered me a warm bath and it was lovely for the back pain. I stayed in there till 11.20 got out and had a puff on the gas and air, it was class!! Does nowt for the pain mind, doesn’t even touch it but the buzz you get after, in between pains is awesome lol! The midwife came back at 12.00 to check me and I was still 5cm’s (gutted) and baby still laying back to back (could have told her that coz of the god awful pain I was getting in my back) so she popped my waters to move things along. And I said I would quite like an epidural for the delivery and she said it was a good idea due to the baby’s position. I was coping with the pain up until now but didn’t want it to get worse. Then off she went and my OH had to leave briefly to meet my other birth partner who was running late. Then all hell broke loose. I was alone and the pains just went off the scale! I was screaming my partners name at the top of my voice, the gas and air didn’t even get me woozy coz the pain was constant and I felt like someone was snapping my back from the inside! My OH came running in with my best mate who heard me screaming down the corridor and they buzzed for the MW, she came in looked at me and said oh we better get that epidural you wanted. So they buzzed the epi dude and started trying to put the drip thing in my hand and then from out of no where I started pushing! I simply couldn’t help it, it was so bizarre. She checked me and I was complete at 12.40pm so 5cm’s in 40 isn’t bad eh lol Except it was too late for my epidural!!

I must be honest ladies I have never felt pain like it in my life, I can’t describe the feeling in my back and I am not ashamed to admit I fooking screamed the place down
rofl.gif
My poor OH was in tears at the sight of me in so much pain. I pushed for 10 mins and out popped Jacob at 12.51pm on 11th May weighing 7lb 12 and 22 inches long. I have a 2 degree tear but didn’t need stitches. I found it all a bit traumatic at the time as I had always planned on the epi and wasn’t expecting it to be the way it was but I am so proud that I did it with just gas and air and loud screaming lol.

Sorry its so long, got carried away lol. Probs missed loads out but its a blurry now and its true what they say, you do forget the pain
icon_smile.gif

Toon, that's a great birth story! You did so well on just gas n air too! x x

Aww Toon, Leo was back to back too when I went in!! God knows if he still was when he was delivered lol xx

Seb was back to back too!

You did so well! Great birth story!

Loved reading this toon!!!! You did so well!

aww, I love birth stories.

It must be a back to back thing but of all my 3 babies, oscar (b2b) was the only one I couldn't stop myself from pushing with. in fact I didn't know I even was, just thought my ass was turning inside out lol!

Noa was back to back, fuckin horrible pain in the back. but we did it hey :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back