Mini goals for pregnancy #3 (after 2 losses)

CARNAT22

Reaction score
Hi all,

Didn't want to post this is tri 1 :shock:

Found out 6 days ago that I am pregnant for the third time and now the initial euphoria has worn off I am bricking it...

Last week I was positivity personified but over the past few days the fear has started creeping back.

I cannot tell my OH as he tells me off for thinking so negatively. He thinks that I need to keep myslef as positive as possible and just does not get how scary this is for me.

I am literally in the loo every 30 minutes checking for any little sign of blood?

I know that I need to stop this nonsense though so I have decided to set myself a mini goal.

Mini goal # 1: Relax and get to the 6 week mark (I have had bleeds with both previous losses in week 5)

If I make it there I'll set myself another mini goal next week :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

hey hun i know exactly how u feel, although I've only had the one loss it still is so scary. I think I am in the denial stage at the mo, ans I'm petrified of phoning the midwife up.

I have a mini goal for 6 weeks too, although I got to 11 weeks before, my bean stopped growing around 5-6 weeks, as nothing was seen on the scan apart from a possible yolk sac. I also had bleeding by this point last time, infact at this stage last time I was still getting negative tests, my first pos test last time was tomorrow in relation to this time around (5+2 weeks). xx

It's so scary isn't it? I think I'll be a wreck by the end of this (actually I am sure I'll calm down the further things progress :) :))

Chemical occured at 5w 4d, but I'd spotted for a few days before.

With my M/C back in May I started spotting at 5w 5d, but M/C didn't occur unitl 8w 4d. I POAS at 8w 1d and was still getting a postive result.

So I have various 'dates' that I want to get past.

BUT I still have faith.. I think today I am just a little on edge?

xxxxxxxxxxx

i think that is totally normal hun, I've been feeling quietly excited about this pregnancy just because how different it is from last time. :hugs: we are all here for u to talk to about ur fears xx

Well so much for little mini goals.

I have also booked early scan for 19th November now (wating to hear from them to see if they can do this date but if not it will be around this time as I've paid £30 deposit!)

So I now have 3 mini goals.

get to 6 weeks, Dr's on 17th Nov, early scan on 19th Nov :)

(I blame you Kanga xxx)

Aawww hunny goals are a great idea. Even without an mc I constantly worry and count down the days to each appointment or scan. I'd love to know what hormone it is that makes our worries so much more intense, I guess it's what brings out the love and protectiveness in us.

It's nearly impossible sometimes but please both of you take at least 10 minutes a day to enjoy the little life growing inside you. The days actually pass quicker than you think and each goal ticked off deserves a little treat from the OH in my opinion :hug: xxxxxxxx

:blush: I take no responsibility for this :) 3 goals are better than 1 though :) xx

Mini goals r such a good idea I am still setting them now my next is midwife on Thursday :)

I was obsessed with checking my pants in tri1 it was so consuming then when I did have a bleed I was proper freaking out but bubs was fine!

Now my obsession is feeling bubs move lol I am a nightmare I know but I think us who have lost really are the only ppl that understand.

Mini goals r such a good idea I am still setting them now my next is midwife on Thursday :)

I was obsessed with checking my pants in tri1 it was so consuming then when I did have a bleed I was proper freaking out but bubs was fine!

Now my obsession is feeling bubs move lol I am a nightmare I know but I think us who have lost really are the only ppl that understand.

Well the dreaded 'bleed in the pants' appeared on Monday evening. So all my mini goals were fruitless.

I am seeing the GP at my practice who deal with all the Gyno / fertility issues on 8th Nov.

I am still getting BFP but it's too early to be scanned so EPU said not to test for a week and if I get a BFP then they'll see me!

They did say it sounds like another chemical pregnancy though and they would expect me to get BFN by next week as my hormone levels would have dropped by then.

So not only can I not have a 'normal' pregnancy I can't have a 'normal' M/c either :shock: :shock: :shock:

Last edited:
:hugs: I am so sorry. I know how difficult it can be and I'm sending all my love to you. I had two mmcs before Bear Cub and was terrified when I found out I was pregnant with him.

I don't know if this will help or not but I thought I would share - I found out about Bear Cub at 4 weeks and eventually went to the doctor at 5 weeks. But by the time I got home from the doctor I had heavy bleeding. I was in the same situation, being told that I was too early to be seen by the EPU and to keep preg. testing - if it was positive at 6 weeks they would see me and find out what was happening. Like you I kept getting BFPs and so thought I would have to have another ERPC, but when I went for the scan, there was little Bear Cub!

I just thought it might help and may explain why you're still getting BFPs. All my love goes out to you and I really hope you get some good news soon honey xxxxx

:hugs: I am so sorry. I know how difficult it can be and I'm sending all my love to you. I had two mmcs before Bear Cub and was terrified when I found out I was pregnant with him.

I don't know if this will help or not but I thought I would share - I found out about Bear Cub at 4 weeks and eventually went to the doctor at 5 weeks. But by the time I got home from the doctor I had heavy bleeding. I was in the same situation, being told that I was too early to be seen by the EPU and to keep preg. testing - if it was positive at 6 weeks they would see me and find out what was happening. Like you I kept getting BFPs and so thought I would have to have another ERPC, but when I went for the scan, there was little Bear Cub!

I just thought it might help and may explain why you're still getting BFPs. All my love goes out to you and I really hope you get some good news soon honey xxxxx

That is a lovely story Verity - it's tales like this that mean I will always keep the faith.

It may not be my time right now and I can deal with that. As long as there is a chance my time will eventually come I'll carry on believing!

Congrats on the succesful pregnancy and wishing you lots of love for the future

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111